1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe dualshock/analog configuration

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by maximusthedark, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm trying to configure the controller into the dualshock or an analog controller, but when I start the game, it always appears to be off, so I can't use its function in games like vigilante 8, is there anyway to activate the analog...? I would also like to know if I'm required to buy myself a PSX controller for the PC if I would ever play games like ape escape which do require the use of either the dualshock or an analog controller...

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Does your controller have an Analog on/off button?

I have this controller:
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Rumblepad-Vibration-Feedback/dp/B0002XJBGE/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1240358336&sr=8-1

And there is an "Analog" button under the select button which turns it on/off.

3. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

yeah most controllers (old school or ps shape) analogs are off as default just press the button and configure it

4. I tried doing that, but the analog key setting is disabled, so I can't use it...

5. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

have you tried enabling it before you open the program

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Which version epsxe are you using?

The most current ones should have a key config option-go there and "set it" so it registers the commands...

And choose the "analog" settings, or dual shock if you want rumble (if it can-mine can't :( )

And you have to re set the program to commit the changes...

Ie you set them, quit the program, then go back into it, double check the change are set...

If you remote has an analog button I suggest you connect it like this...

1.plug it in BEFORE you select epsxe

2. if there is an anolog button turn that on before the program is used

3.do all changes with that analog button on

4. after setting and resetting, remember, plug it in, make sure button is on before you start, and double check if settings are svaed if in doubt...

Hope I didn't repeat anything you already done, hope I helped :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.