1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePsxe Dino Crisis 2 problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by danthezombie, Jul 14, 2010.

1. danthezombie

danthezombie Member

Hello, I have a problem with dino crisis 2 when using ePSXe on my Asus EEEPc 900HD series, it is completely stock, and I have tried multiple video plugins, what happens is that while a cuscene appears, or when you play n an under water scene, the only thing visible is the background, with only a few spots where the character and dino's are visible. I had played other games like Dino Crisis 1 and Digimon world games without this problem. So if anyone uses the same computer I do, could they shed some light to me? Thanks in advance.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

WHat version of epsxe is this?

3. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hypnos, your not very clear....
    what plugins are you using?
    what's the version of epsxe you're using?
    have you changed anything?

because lots of times, it has to do with the above....

4. danthezombie

danthezombie Member

I am using ePsxe 1.7 with Pete's D3d Dx6, d3d, open GL for graphics. I have only used those 3 plugins.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

hmm...i guess i could recommend trying an older version (just use the search...) i think it was 1.5.somethin.somethin that should have no issues with it....

6. danthezombie

danthezombie Member

Alright, if I end up changing to the older version, can I transfer my saves to it from the newer one?

7. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

you should be able to....i just know what i said from reading just about every post on this site...>.<

8. danthezombie

danthezombie Member

Ok well thanks man. I will have to try the older version, I guess the newest isn't the greatest lol.

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I'd say the problem is you are using an Asus EEE PC. They aren't exactly "power houses" by any means. Built more for web browsing and such. Their graphics power (or lack there of) is what is probably causing issues with your graphics plugins.

10. danthezombie

danthezombie Member

Well, it ran Dino Crisis 1 and Digimon world fine, but one thing now is I have EPSXe 1.5.0,1.5.2, 1.6.0 and I cannot run the ISO, I have selected SCPH 1001 as my bios and when I run the ISO, Dino Crisis 2.cue it says CD rom not found.

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Cue is just a layout file. You need to have the actual .BIN or .ISO image file (the largest one). If the CUE file isn't pointing to the correct image file then your emulator won't be able to find it using just the cue file.