1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsxe controller qustion

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mds64, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Okay is it possible to to have 2 usb controllers going at the same time in any version of epsxe?

I was trying to vs my brother in mkt but my controller seems to control the second player, and yes i used diff' controllars when configuring them, in seperate usb ports, and even change the controls completely (each one was reversed, left was right on the second, etc) but same problem again (my guy would do what I want but other would end up doing the oppisite thx to the changes I made) and player 2 controller would not be able to control at all unless his had buttons the other main one lacked...

Any clue and what I need to fix this?

2. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

In the Windows (I'm guessing that's what you're using) Control Panel, are the controllers set up with different IDs?

In ePSXe, did you configure one controller as Port 1/Player 1 and the other as Port 2/Player 2?

You'll have to forgive me for not being very specific, as I'm currently not in front of my computer.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Both come up seperately, one is a mircosoft sidewinder, the other is a cheap-o type that resembles a playstation controller (XD) but with the port part...

I can't...it shows on the options on version 1.7...

port1 -pad1
    port2 -pad1

How do I get around that?

It doesn't light up the other ports!

4. Upaut

Upaut Well-Known Member

Sorry it took so long, but I believe I have a workable answer for you, after fiddling with it using an old Gravis gamepad (looks like a pre-Bushido Blade PSX controller) and a Xbox360 controller.

First, let's just say screw port 2. I don't know why it didn't want to take the input I was giving it via the Xbox controller, but that's okay.

Second, under Port 1, you should've seen at the bottom a listing entitled "Multitap". Turn that on.

Now, go back to Port 1 and you'll see that you can now use pads 1-4. Just make sure you setup each controller on a different pad.

IF that doesn't work, I guess I've got some research to do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.