1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsxe configuration to playback in game audio.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by vftek, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vftek

vftek New Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering if anyone knows what the best audio plugin for the epsxe was that will allow music to be played back in the game or what combination of bios, GFX, and audio will get the results im looking for?
    I have tried a few of the plugins contained in the plugins pack located in a previous post in this forum category but still no sound!
    This is the same for cool boarders. SFX are working fine but music just wont play back.
    I am using ISO's and epsxe v 1.7 if that will help the conclusion.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Might be a cd-da issue.

Some games like resident evil survivor won't play back music because of this, which is odd...

I downloaded (from another sorce) the game (and mortal kombat trilogy from here) and only sfx can be heard.

But with the real games used in the emulator (as in the disc) music could be heard...what is more odd is my own copies of these as iso's also retain sound.

It's an odd one.

3. vftek

vftek New Member

Its a bit strange alright. Maybe the iso's are corrupt to a certain extent.
    Heres something that I just tried with tenchu, I loaded the ccd file and the game played no problem with sound.
    I removed both the ccd and the sub file and left the IMG file and I got the same results.
    With ridge race revolution I have only the img file. I never took the ccd or Sub file from the rar so I was just wondering if these files were needed to be kept in the same folder as the IMG in order to play sound??? Im thinking maybe not as tenchu seemed to work fine without them but Its just a thought. I would try to extract both the ccd and sub file for revolution but I have deleted them.
    Any thoughts!!??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.