1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Epsxe Config help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jhuser, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhuser

jhuser New Member

Hi i really need help, i tried a lot of different configurations and the most recommended plugins i also search for help in forums but i cant get the emulator to run in a normal speed is just to slow or way to fast. I tried with both v1.60 and 1.70 and pretty much the same thing...

I really get upset with these yesterday because for some reason it run fine on my old pc witch has a pentium 4, 126 ram and a nvidia with 64 vm and i thought it will run far better in my new pc but it dont.

So i would like you to tell me the best config you thing would run it fine on my pc
    these are my pc specs

Vista with service pack 2
    intel Pentium dual core 1.86 ghz
    2g ram
    and the video card is
    a Mobile Intel 965 express chipset family, yes i know is not the best vcard its vmemory is shared and it has 358mb max of witch vista suck up 137.. but still it has to be better than my old one :p
    Latest driver installled, Direct X 10 and oddly enough it says Open Gl v.2.0 but i cant use pete openGL2 plugin on epsxe.

Thanks

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you need to use the dx7 driver on that graphics chip, only nvidia cards work properly with opengl. What game are you trying to run? Also it is debatable which of your graphics chips is better; the intel may be newer and have more memory but they are utter crap.

3. jhuser

jhuser New Member

well yeah i know intel vid card sucks ;D but that what it is for these compaq presario laptop that i know is far for gaming things, and it sucks more on vista :p but i dont play to much pc games, anyway
    right now i want to play and so far i tried with ffVII and Chrono Cross

4. Loonylion

Squaresoft games need ePSXe 1.5.2. Set the graphics plugin settings to 'nice' defaults, and enable the relevant fixes in the 'special game fixes' section of the plugin config.

5. jhuser

jhuser New Member

Still.. slowdown in chrono cross with both core and eternal spu plugins and with ff VII sound problems with the eternal spu and way to fast with core any other sound plugins that work better? or any other good config for DX7?

thanks

6. Loonylion

should work fine with ePSXe spu core, have you enabled the frame limiter?

7. jhuser

jhuser New Member

yes it is enable .. anyway i finally get it to work flawlessly just like in a ps1 until now, and good sound to with gpu peops soft 1.18, spu peops D sound 1.09 and cdr peops on v1.70
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.