1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ePSXe 1.7 Resident Evil Nemesis problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sonyuser333, Jul 29, 2009.

1. sonyuser333

sonyuser333 Active Member

I downloaded the game and its a .bin file. Downloaded all the necessary plugins and what not. Started it up, RE intro comes on, and after that the screen goes blank and nothing happens. If I'm lucky, it actually goes to the main menu and I actually got to play it and it ran perfectly, but thats really rare. Most of the time I get the blank screen after the RE intro and it doesn't go anywhere after that.

How can I fix this?

2. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

it dont run on emulator

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

it seems like it runs sporadically, so i wouldn't say it's not compatible.

but i'm not an ePSXe pro, in fact, i never got it to work. but there are quite a few dudes here who master it.

4. wildog

wildog Well-Known Member

get psx emulator

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

he has a psx emulator, ePSXe, which is the best psx emulator out there.

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What version of ePSXe are you using? What plugins? What is your computer's graphics card?
    I'll test it out when I get home, just getting ready to leave work right now.

Personally, the only thing I think the pSX emulator works better with than the ePSXe Emulator is certain games' disc changes. (Valkyrie Profile, I believe is one that comes up all the time).

7. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

1.7, it's in the title. :p

8. TirithRR

Well, I tried it in both ePSXe 1.7.0 and 1.5.2, and it does not freeze during the opening or go to a black screen after the opening movie or title screen, and I can start a new game in both.

I'm using Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 driver. I have two Nvidia 8800GT 512MB graphics cards.

There are numerous graphics glitches (mostly images remaining on the screen from previous scenes) and the controls of the Resident Evil games are horrible (seriously, pressing Left on the analog should move my character left, not just rotate them in a circle). Testing out this game has reminded me of why I hate the RE games.

I'm sure the glitches could be solved by some tweaking of the plugins, or by even trying Pete's D3D drivers.

9. sonyuser333

I am using the ePSXe 1.7 and the video plugin I'm using right now is: Pete's DX6 Driver 1.77

I'm going to switch the Video to the other ones and see how that works out right now.

But in the meantime, can you tell me what website did you get that Pete's OpenGL 2.9 driver plugin?

And what are the minimum requirements to run PSX games anyway? Like FFVII? I want to use it on my laptop which is:

Toshiba
    1.86GHz, 2GB RAM, 55 GB HDD, and some generic video and sound card. It ran the SNES, NDS, and N64 perfectly and runs smooth, but there's little static on the sounds. Other games sounds worst. I've looked around for the sound problem but it seems a lot of people have the same problem and it can't be fixed.
    Post Merge: [time]1248924980[/time]
    Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77*

Also the emulator is on my Desktop which is a Sony 2.3 GHz, 512MB RAM, 70+ HDD, Realtek sound card, and an ATi Radeon X1800 I think. I remember I upgraded the video card because I was trying to run Guild Wars, worked perfectly after that but I don't believe the PSX needed that kind of power back then for graphics :p
    Post Merge: [time]1248921727[/time]
    OK so far I have tried the current video plugins that have been installed which are the:

p.e.o.p.s Soft Driver 1.88

Pete's D3D Driver 1.77

Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77

Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77

no luck

10. TirithRR

Download the plugin pack, link is in my sig and in a thread on the top of these forums.

11. sonyuser333

OK so I've downloaded the Dino Crisis demo and see if its an emulator problem or game problem (reason being for demo was because its insanely quick to download) and sure enough, Dino Crisis ran PERFECT the first time.

Now to be sure that I wasn't just "lucky", I exited the ePSXe and ran the game 2-3 more times. Works like a charm.

The intro was there, got to the main menu screen no problem at all, buttons perfectly work, gameplay is JUST like the PSX and I'm having tons of fun right now :)

So my RE3 download has really got to be corrupted.. but thanks for the help guys!
    Post Merge: [time]1248924252[/time]
    I'm good, its just the RE3 file problem :p

Thanks for your help! Rep++++

12. TirithRR

No, it's not a problem with the RE3 file. It's a problem with the emulator and the settings.

Just because it works with one game, does not mean it works correctly with another. The emulator is not perfect, and you need to change the plugins and settings in order to run the game.

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

...something...something FFVII.

Just download the PC version...
    and get the racing chocobo patch. done.
    Better than emulation.

14. sonyuser333

Well I also tried out the Duke Nukem and Tomba demos, they both ran perfectly fine as well.

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...there is a re3 pc edition funny enough...

I've never had problems with the psx version ethier-and your specs are close to mine-prehaps change the sub-settings...

What an odd error indeed...the game is from here right?
    Mine worked.

16. sonyuser333

Also just to be sure, I tried out a full game like FFVII and I already got up to the part where I just finished blowing up the reactor. I noticed a few different things:

- A small box next to the hand when highlighting which character to fight

- Sound is a little off while attacking, the others are great and flawless

- No battle "spinning" screen

So I guess it could be a problem for the settings.

17. tatsjin

tatsjin Member

Did you try with a different bios?

18. TirithRR

Those issues with FFVII are graphics plugin issues. Look in the settings under game fixes, Pete's OpenGL and D3D have some FFVII cursor and battle spin related fixes.

19. sonyuser333

Whats the other BIOS? I currently have the schp_1001.. I thought that was the standard one for the ePSXe. If I remember, there was a 1000 and 1002 file, is that the one you are talking about?
    Post Merge: [time]1248973602[/time]
    Sweet thanks! The battle cursor is fixed but the battle swirl isn't there still.. well its not that important anyway.

20. tatsjin

tatsjin Member

i have scph1001 and scph7502