1. This forum is in read-only mode.

epsexe - Chrono Cross : WHY U LAG ?!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SomeOneWhoNeedHelp, May 23, 2013.

1. SomeOneWhoNeedHelp

SomeOneWhoNeedHelp New Member

Skipping unnecessary details, I finished configuring epsexe, open up Chrono Cross, start a new game. The opening cinematic works fine, and then: BAM. The game runs UNBEARABLY slow. When I open a menu though (the equip menu and the empty text box, I just started playing) The game speeds up a lot, I suppose that's normal speed. I don't know where to turn. Oh, before I forget, I downloaded the plugin pack and using all of Pete's plugin since that's what the emulator readMe suggests. I am using my desktop PC.

Graphics card : ATI Radeon HD 5800

I think that covers everything.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

processor? ram?

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

4. SomeOneWhoNeedHelp

Here's more info.
    I tried playing the game with all the settings at fastest, and there's no difference from all settings at highest quality.

"it may because of your hardware but if you want speed then try this tutorial"

Tried it, still no difference. Other than when I open any menus, then I hit 186-189 FPS...
    Also, I'm pretty sure it's not my hardware. I can play Starcraft II with Ultra quality and it runs smoothly.

EDIT: Hmmmm... screwing aroynd with the other options seems to have an effect... i'll explore a bit.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

emulation is extremely CPU heavy, much more so than PC games.

6. SomeOneWhoNeedHelp

Ok.
    Well, I've screwed around with the options and now the game's perfectly playable, albeit a little jumpy, or more appropriately : "saccadé" in french.