1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EPIDEMIC GAME

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Nerv, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerv

Nerv Member

well i downloaded the game EPIDEMIC and tried running it. it started up just fine and was all good till i tried playing. My PSX emu skills may not be the greatest but i know i did all the setup right... mostly because it works for all the other games i have(not including thousand arms, but thats a known compatibility issue)

i just realized i havent clearly stated my problem......

I run Epidemic and it works but the controls are completely unresponsive(both my keyboard setup and my PS3 controller) for playing the game.

is this a known issue with the rom and is a broken rom, or is it a compatibility issue with with my emu?

(running PSX ver. 1.13 for windows, on Win XPSP2....or was it 3?)

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Not covered in there. You should use ePSXe.

4. Nerv

Nerv Member

because this is a game specific issue. my PSX works with all the other roms i have, except for this game. and if you would read it, it tells you that if, and i Quote:

"If you are having specific issues with a game, post a topic. If no one can help you, post at the forum boards at NGemu forums, where you'll get more help."

which is what i am doing, considering that it is a rom i DL'd from this site.

and no where in that fucking thing does it say ANYTHING about control issues for the psx stuff. just some mumbojumbo about image and bins and cues that i already knew.

and i really dont like ePSXe because it is a really BS(read as F'd Up) program and isnt compatible with me. and it is rejected by my pc. but that is beside the point because the PSX is the same thing but in my view, better.and to the fact that ePSXe is a better emu.... that is just a matter of opinion, and what your pc specs are.

considering my pc runs the PSX program and not the ePSXe.... i say that the PSX kicks ePSXe's butt. and yes i have used them both. my brother perfers having both for different roms that work on one but not the other or vice-versa on his Pc.

and im not a complete moron. i do read things that say common issues just to make sure that there wasnt somthing similar. i just dont know what the advanced crap is for... like a debugger. but my emu does run fine... well.... as fine as my processor allows with sound....(running a POS computer that takes half an hour to unzip files....)

tho i have found another game that works, but doesnt respond to my controls. Raystorm.

and i STILL have no answer.

EDIT* sorry for being so rude but ive been working all day and wanted to play some raystorm and cant cause its pulling the same BS that Epidemic did...

so yeah sorry.*

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Just throwing it out, but ePSXe's greater compatibility is not a matter of opinion.

What sort of problems do you have running ePSXe?

6. Nerv

Nerv Member

well for one, the fact that it does not start on my pc and i have no clue why.

the other , more opinionated reason, is that i hate messing with all the extra plugings to simply play a game.

why, does this work fine on epsxe? cause,(stupid really,) i havent been to the site and tried dl'ing the newest ver. the one i got before was back in '05-'06

but those are my main resons...

and it is opinionated. if you werent able to run it on ur pc would you say that it has better compatibility or not? and im not meaning game compatibilty, i mean software on my hardware compatibility.

considering that most of the games ive seen run equally bad on both programs, and i never use anything to do with debuggers and stuff, or mod my crap. i say both are about the same. but thats going off of my bros pc that runs them both alright.

i just hate epsxe cause we ( my bro and i) cant get it to run on my pc.

well before i bitch some more, im going to go check out the newest ver. and see if it will run...

EDIT* well i tried using the new version and it tells me it cant find a component. something called zlib1.dll. the older version never told me this, fixed that.... now runnin config....

and yes i know how to do a basic config and plugin setup.(*just incase some smartalec tried saying the old ones didnt work because i forgot plugins or something.)
    i had to help my brother set his up. i prefer petes plugins over the others.

tho i think im going to try peops stuff this time......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.