1. This forum is in read-only mode.

english Rom with original voice for download

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by calvin_0, Sep 6, 2007.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i been learning how to rip the rom apart and i successed in swaping the sound file. I done this is because...well bad english voice actor...>.>

<ABLE D9F6275A>Bleach DS: The Blade of Fate<U>
    <ANIE 87A8B400>Luminous Arc<U>
    <ALKE 026053B3>Lunar Knight<U>
    <ARFE 4021CFE9>Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon<U>

enjoy, post here if there is a game that you want me to recover...and i'll do what i can....

Note 01: MegamanZX have thier voice acting removed via programming, so there is nothing i can do about it...and text injection give a big problem (not all text will be in english)....so i officially quit trying to undub\translate it.
    Note 02: MegamanZX advent have a very messy file format, and it require one to map the voice over the dialouge or undub wont be possible, however there is a small group of people trying to undubed it using trial and error which require alot of time (something that i dont have), if they successed, I will try to request the files and share it here, but dont get your hope too high.

2. d4ft_puNK

d4ft_puNK New Member

luminous arc, :O~

sir if this works, and isnt glitchy i would consentual gay secks wit chu lol jk

but really if this works ur the best man, thx

3. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

Wow. I can think of a lot of gamers that would be grateful for this, and many games that would be MUCH better that way. For example:

How about Megaman ZX (U)?

4. rollakid

rollakid Member

wooohoooo it worked ;D
    [me=rollakid]goes play luminous arc all over again...[/me]

but.. is it me or is it that the voice is softer? :( i know DS' volume is low to begin with but this is even softer, struggling to hear anything even with headphone plugged in (with my noisy fan beside me ofcourse)

feel like hosting it on my webserver but dunno if it will cause any trouble or not.. :-\

5. calvin_0

finally, someone who like my work XD, i though no body care....

ya rollakid, japanese voice is somehow softer....and if you want to host it in your web, give me the credit XD and i'll let you host it.

and cfiniris, i'm been trying to sub Rockman ZX..but with no luck...i cant find the file that control the voice acting and the japanese dont display english font o_O...even i swap the font file it still doesnt fix the problem...so i give up on that...

anyway, if you found a good game with voice actor...post it here, i'll do what i can....

6. rollakid

rollakid Member

@calvin_0

no no not my "web" XD just the host. My domain redirects to my University's anime and manga society (which i'm the super admin for that too, until i retire), and i use sub domains for my final year project as testing server, and the rest is just 5 Terabyte traffic of private rapid share :D

host very strict on hosted files however, and even if i host it the only link will be visible here in this very thread. meh.. if the rapid share do a good job then there's no point for me to do that anymore.

7. calvin_0

wait..itsnt rom is illegal?...if its illegal, then i dont think your U would hosted it...or they will get into trouble.

8. calvin_0

9. calvin_0

updated with Bleach DS: The Blade of Fate, that game is quite enjoyable.

10. eden2812

eden2812 Well-Known Member

calvin_0, i have to send my gratitudes to you. Truly genius :D Loving the Bleach voiceovers!

PS: you sir, must teach me how to rip roms properly (yes, and then theres google). I have sombody interested in doing a Jump! Stars translation :-\

11. airsoft1117

airsoft1117 Well-Known Member

THanks for this i really cant stand the voice acting on bleach

12. jzwilliams

jzwilliams Member

Two requests ^^ I've tried doing it myself with DS lazy and give up

Here are the respective J roms:

0525_Rune_Factory_Shin_Bokujou_Monogatari_JPN_NDS-WRG
    007 Puyo Puyo Fever/ Puyo Pop Fever

13. calvin_0

well i tried my best...here is the result

007 Puyo Puyo Fever/ Puyo Pop Fever
    -got the sound file ready...just need to figure it out how to recompile the sound_data.sdat.

Edit: Good news, i figure it out how to swap the file within sound_data.sdat without have to rip them apart...but
    Bad news, using hex editor, its going to take a very long time..unless i figure it out how to replace a huge part of the file in one paste...

14. calvin_0

Updated with Rune Factory...

15. Kekka

Kekka Member

Man this stuff is awesome :D works so good!

16. kaiden

kaiden Well-Known Member

i tried luminous arc. it was awesome and then i turned it off.

17. Kekka

Kekka Member

how do you do this??? are there any Tutorials for this??

18. calvin_0

well try google...there is alot of hacking forum that offen a short tutorial....enough to provide you with basic knowledge of rom ripping.

19. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

This is great! I was torn between playing the Japanese and English one, especially since I watch Bleach in Japanese with subtitles and can't stand the voice acting of the American version. This solves my dilemma, thank you!