1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Enchanted folk wifi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by masterofloo, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterofloo

masterofloo New Member

Hey guys, I've got an m3, I've used the arm7 fix/patch and decided to try wireless before getting into the game itself....
    No joy.
    I decided to test the settings with another game (pokemon) and the wifi worked perfectly first test.

So... the problem is with the game imo. (probably because of the arm7.)

Has anyone using the m3 managed to get wifi to work or is there a fix that's well known and i've just completely missed it?

I want to play this game but not if i'm missing features from it.

Thanks in advance, any input is appreciated.

Edit: problem resolved, sorry guys!
    (I used a wifi arm7 patch fix for the gta game instead of one i'd made myself, worked like a charm!)

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What happens with the wifi?

3. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

I've just tried that arm7 file on enchanted folk and altho the game works the wifi or ds to ds doesnt.
    I'm using an R4 with kernel 1.18. Can someone advise please? Thank you.

4. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Should of mentioned when you connect to either ds to ds or wifi it just sort of stalls, as if the game is trying to connect but cant. The light indicator on the ds doesnt flash intermittently either and the top screen shows the signal bar box but with no bars to indicate strength of signal. Tried different arm7 files now and not one has worked. Does that give any help.

5. anandjones

Hmm, incompatible then. Or does Wifi work with other games perfectly?

6. madlittleme

madlittleme Member

Not sure what you mean by 'other games'?? I have genuine Nintendo carts that are working on wifi perfectly ok if thats what you mean or if you meant roms, no I havent tried another rom with wifi, sorry. Was that just to see if it was a problem with my ds??

7. anandjones

I mean other games or ROMs. Try using another to see if wifi works.

8. ninetailed

ninetailed Member

Yeah I can tell you its a problem with the Arm 7 swap fix, which for some reason stops wifi on games, on the (E) version you could do the Arm 7 and use a certain patch file at the same time, and it would run wifi/DS wireless. However nothings been made that lets the (U) version do it yet.

I have no idea if that R4 works with online or not, but my R4 III Upgrade does, but like I said the Arm 7 swap would stop the online anyway.

9. Sadly no, it doesn't i tried both Enchated Folk and Magicians Quest other roms work perfectly, i also tried it with the YSMenu, also no change.
    Wifi just doesn't seem to be willing to work for some reason what sucks becaus that's the whole point of the game.
    But now i tbh have a feeling it might be some piracey thing?

10. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Use the ARM7 file from bomberman 2 and your wifi should work

11. thank you it worked

12. ninetailed

ninetailed Member

If its not a problem, can somebody tell me which Bomberman 2 he's talking about? Is it that European game, or Bomberman Land Touch 2? If possible could you post a link?

13. ninetailed

ninetailed Member

Nevermind lol I tried out Bomberman 2 (E) and it worked.

14. lilxtwinkies

lilxtwinkies New Member

i tried out bomberman 2 and it worked as well...when i get home from work, if no one uploads the rom with the wifi working, i'll post it before i start studying for my finals...expect it by 4 today :)

15. lilxtwinkies

lilxtwinkies New Member

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=89AYJIZE is the version with wifi working as well...i'm not sure if it's supposed to go here, but i'll put it in the trading station as well

16. anandjones

It's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.