1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Emulators for Android?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by That guy in the Corner, Mar 30, 2015.

1. That guy in the Corner

That guy in the Corner Active Member

Something go me thinking recently, My Android table it far more powerful that the GBA, and even a NDS, so are there any actual Emulators for these for the Android OS?

2. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

yes, their is PPSSPP to emulate the PSP and Dolphin emulator that is currently in alpha to emulate the Gamecube and Wii

3. That guy in the Corner

What about NDS?

4. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

in my search iv found nds4droid, Dsoid and DraStic DS Emulator.

5. That guy in the Corner

Any Recommendations?

6. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

i havent used any of the nds ones so i cannot comment on them

7. Dark Infernape

Dark Infernape Raiden 雷電

I've used DraStic DS Emulator a few years ago, if you are looking for an NDS emu for Android, this is the one you should use!

8. That guy in the Corner

How playable is it? I tired on the free ones, and while it "Worked" It was nearly unplayable, since the lower screen was blocked by the Buttons.

9. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The buttons can be removed from view from the option at any time. You will need rooted android to run it. I've played a couple of games on it. Works great except that because its on a flat device, utilizing the L and R button naturally is to be expected as inconvenient.

10. M_U_Lations

M_U_Lations Active Member

I'll have to explore some of this stuff...we have tablets/devices hanging around here that see little usage...

Speaking of, my wife has a couple of the 'Apple Pad' things that I really don't like to even touch, (one she uses for work stuff and the other is very current and I'm afraid of breaking it, ha) but what about the cheap no-name tablets you see at places like BigLots, are they any good?

Other than those suction cup joysticks, are there ANY other options for proper controls?

11. Prectorian

Don't know about Apple devices, but some Android emulators can be paired with Wiimote, while some Google Store games can be paired with certain controller brand, e.g. MOGA, Samsung Wireless Gamepad, etc.

12. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

try MyBOY!(paid) for GBA, Mupen64(free) for N64 games on Android , both are really good .

13. Prectorian

You're using MyBOY! for GBA? So am I. Used to use GBA.EMU. Just as good, reason I switched was because of the ability to edit the button layout at will. But I still am using GBC.EMU, another of their many product line. Other emulators installed are PPSSPP Gold for PSP games, Drastic for NDS games, SNESdroid for SNES games, and ePSXe for PSX games, also a GameGear emulator which I forgot the exact name as recently been uninstalled because I barely uses it.

14. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i also use ClassicBoy for SNES and GBA.

ClassicBoy actually supports all these:
    (1) PlayStation 1 ( PS1 )
    (2) Nintendo 64 ( N64 )
    (3) GameBoy Advance ( GBA )
    (4) GameBoy Classic ( GB )
    (5) GameBoy Color ( GBC )
    (6) NES/Famicom
    (7) Sega Genesis
    (8) SNK NeoGeo

but havnt tried any other console than the ones mentioned above .