1. This forum is in read-only mode.

emulator on ndsl?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by silarry80, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silarry80

silarry80 Well-Known Member

sorry if there is any questions like this... what is the smoothest and the best emulator .nds to play on ndsl (gb, gbc, nes, snes)? and do i just copy the emu and the rom on my microsd to make it work? btw, im using edge 1.45. thanks

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Smoothest...well...

I suggest you try a few and see how you go-some prefer the snes emulators..while other's prefer the nes one's...

None are 100% on ds-the nes one has problems on some awsome games like ninja gaiden 3 (enemies are invisable...but you can still get damage..and yet you can't kill them :( )

And yes you copy and paste it in...but some emu's require you put the roms (nes, etc0 in a "ROM" folder-or one inside the emulators folders...

Google around-too many to list-also no gba emulators-get an ezy 3 in one flash card-boots from slot 1 card to 2...thus perfect gba play from a rom stored in ds game slot XD

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I think NesterDS (NES), SNEmulDS (SNES), and Goombacolor (GB/GBC) is one of the best. But they are pretty far from perfect. Just google up those names and find the compatibilty lists. ;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

NESds is better I reckon..but that error I mentioned and the fact that unless you start super mario brother's in a certain way it "make's up" a new level-and once done that's it...

I just use "lameboy" for gb/gbc emulation (with snes adapter mode...hard to explain but try it and see...no snes required-you'll get what I mean when you try it with say donkey kong land)-goomboy colour is for gba flashcarts-it can work on ds but requires some extra tools...

Though I did hear about a ds port-it's not as good as lameboy.

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Um sorry about that, I download too many things, that I didn't really use. Yeah, lameboy is the one for GB/GBC, you can't use Goomba on slot1 flashcarts.

Anyway I hate the fact that SNES resolution can never match DS's. So when you play SNES games on SNEmulDS, it's either cut or shrink up. SNEmulDS actually has some options for this issue, which is pretty good, but it'd never be the perfect answer for the issue.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Lameboy, SnemulDS, NesDS.

7. silarry80

thanks, i'll try...
    Post Merge: [time]1249448978[/time]
    i've download gb/gbc rom and extract it, there's a lot of files there. i know about the different version, but how about [b1], [b2], [o1].. and stuff like that? do i have to copy them all or i just choose 1 random? thanks

8. anandjones

You should just use the version such as (U) [!] (representing a good dump). The other versions are usually partial translations and ROM hacks etc.

9. silarry80

thanks guys... it works.. ;)
    Post Merge: [time]1249531964[/time]
    although there are some bugs, but its ok ;)

10. anandjones

It's the emulator's fault, not the ROM.

11. silarry80

which one is better and smoother to play, SnemulDS (for snes) or NesDS (for nes)?

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some games are better than others...

I got just about everyone on mine-with the snes emu's don't bother with the FX games (star fox, etc) as they can't run...

Just have a go-if it's not good enough-another game or another emu is your options-I think they stopped working on these ages ago-even the psp emulators, while better, are still far from perfect :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.