1. This forum is in read-only mode.

emulator link

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tiguiti, Mar 14, 2011.

1. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

just to know, is it possible to link 2 ds with 2 game with a emulator? Like pokemon to make some trade. If its possible, tell me wich emulator and how. Btw, im using DeSmuME.

Tanks.

2. M.AzaryPika3172

M.AzaryPika3172 Well-Known Member

Sorry! All emulator doesn't support multiplayer function.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's possible with gameboy advance games using VBA link, but no other emulators can do it.

4. tiguiti

tiguiti Well-Known Member

ok tanks! and is there a way tu have the wi-fi function with any emulator?

5. Loonylion

6. jay6868566

jay6868566 Active Member

Yes, actually.

http://gbatemp.net/t281899-tutorial-on-getting-wifi-on-desmume

Note that this build/firmware/bios/whatever's causing it is significantly laggier than v0.9.7. If you have a slow processor, it is painful to do, but definitely possible. Probably the most pain-inducing thing about the current solution is that you have to reset the Nintendo WFC settings every time you start up the emulator, so it's impossible to keep your online records (Friend Code will change every time you do this).

I have personally tested the WiFi on Windows 7 64bit using wired LAN trading Tornadus for Thundurus with someone with a physical system. I have also successfully obtained the Liberty Pass Wonder Card using Nintendo WFC. I have also tried accessing the Dream World, but as we all know, that's not opened yet so I got a 'server undergoing maintenence error'.

As for linking between 2 emulators, I'd expect that would make trading even more painful. However, people have posted saying that they've done it and some people have posted saying they couldn't. Possibly it could be due to the two sets having the exact same Trainer ID and Secret ID, but I haven't gone around testing that yet. My processor is quad-core but its clock speed is terrible.

If you want flashier evidence, I believe there are videos of the OP battling and accessing the GTS with it. The links are on the original post. If you still don't believe it, I can attempt trading with anyone who has Black/White.

7. Loonylion

the wifi support on desmume is highly experimental.

8. jay6868566

jay6868566 Active Member

But it can work. That's all I'm saying.