1. This forum is in read-only mode.

emulator help with a Gamecube game

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gambino09, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gambino09

gambino09 Member

hi. I downloaded a gamecube game called MVP baseball 2005 and when I tried playing it, it wouldn't load up even when trying to let it load for 4 hours, it wouldn't load up. I downloaded the latest version of dolphin and when I tried playing it, it wouldn't let me play it.

I loaded it from the old version and it gave me a Instuction unimplemented error and all it says was TWI. I want to know how to make this thing work so I can play it or get my points back I tried every emulator and they all won't work. PLease help me.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.DId you check the dolphins compatibility list to make sure it can even run?

2.Is your pc able to even play this?

3.this tutorial might help.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=26791.msg447694#new

See if anything of yours is listed.

4.I'd try the latest version and not go back unless there is a revision problem that is known.

3. gambino09

gambino09 Member

here's the thing.....

the old beta version works just a little bit but if gives me an error at the loading screen of the game. it shows it running at .75-3 FPS and when 10 seconds come by, the error comes up. I downloaded the newer version from that one site that I can't remember and but the admin tells you the site with all emulators and stuff that are up to day. when I used the newer version, it says it's loading but it never loads. I don't think it is my PC because I'm running a 3.8 GHz duo core processor with 3gb of ram that 1GB is already being used by windows 7, my new free operating system from college. it can't be my PC.

I could run my virtual PC and see if it works better but I have to connect my flash drive and install drivers for my USB xbox 360 controller before trying to play the game. lets see how it works.

however, I want to know what the heck is going on with these emulators and this game.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It can easily be your PC, emulation is extremely intensive. What graphics card do you have?

Also its even less likely to run on a virtual PC than on the host system.

5. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

it's not your pc, definately enough power there to run Dolphin

i know different builds of Dolphin will play different games

i have 2 builds of dolphin, to play games that a single build won't do

6. gambino09

gambino09 Member

yeah. it's not my PC because I had vista premium on this computer and dolphin on the beta version from doperoms.com, their emulators run but I had a little lag but I dealted with it a lot and I don't care. I used to play sonic on the gamecube emulator. and that was before I upgraded to windows 7.

I'm running BFG GeForce GTX 285 OC Video Card - 2GB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0 graphics card I got from tiger direct, too expensive but well worth it, and I have a Nvidia graphics built in to the motherboard but that I uninstalled the drivers for since I Have the other graphics card.

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

like i said not all games are compatible, there are a couple of games that work on both my builds,

mario sunshine, pickmin 2 try 1 of these just to see if they work,

and if they do, it may be the game you are trying is not compatible,

and if they don't, then your Dolphin may need need to be re-configured

8. gambino09

gambino09 Member

there is no other way of configuring it. there is just 1 way of configuring it and there is no other option.

9. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

well if it's not your pc, and not the config, then i guess the game you are trying to play is not compatible

10. gambino09

gambino09 Member

it can't be compatibility. download MVP baseball 2005 and play it on the gamecube. you will see it is not the game.

11. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

ok, i'll download it, give you the result soon

not compatible, throws me straight out of dolphin

12. gambino09

gambino09 Member

if it doesn't work, then I want my download points refunded.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it's not our fault it doesn't work, and we have paid for the bandwidth you used to download it.

14. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

It can't be helped that the game doesn't work, it's just that it is not compatible with the emulator yet.

15. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

it's not that the rom "don't work", it's a compatibility issue with Dolphin,

the rom may well work on a different build of Dolphin

16. gambino09

gambino09 Member

then tell me where to go and get a different built.

17. gambino09

gambino09 Member

I'm waiting for help on trying to run this game or just give me a refund on a non-working game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.