1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Emulation Program... Hard to explain. Check inside >.<

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldar, May 1, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but i couldn't find a better one.
    I Am looking for a program that i use on my PC that i can use to "register" all of my roms for all the systems i have.
    I Just want something that will keep track of all the roms i have, organized by systems and region (or customs).
    With a built in checklist for what official games were on each system so i know what i have and what i need.
    Also maybe with a built in Emulator GUI that i can access all of the emulators i use based on each system that i am currently looking at. (just something like a list of Emus that i can run from the program, not built in emulators.)
    I Doubt this kind of program exists, but if it does i would REALLY like to have it.
    If it doesn't though... anyone willing to make it i am sure would be doing the community an amazing service and it would be appreciated by many many people.
    Currently i have tons of Roms for tons of systems and it's hard to keep up with everything, even all sorted out.
    My Amstrad CPC collection alone (2.5gb) is over 11,000 files. (just for roms)

Any help is appreciated, even if it doesn't cover all the different systems/emulators and only covers the biggies like SNES, NES, GBA, GB, GBC, Gen, SMS, Atari, etc...

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond whether you're helpful or not. :)

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

I believe that you should be able to open up the file directory where your roms are stored, select all files, right click and then organize by type (ie. .gba, .nds, .gb, etc). After that is done, it is just a matter of highlighting the desired roms and moving them to a folder entitled the platform the games were intended for. Best of luck,
    miros

P.S. - If you are going to use this method, do not look at your whole game collection and say, "There is no way in hell I will be able to do this". Instead, look at one system at a time, categorize and organize, and say "Hey, that did not take long at all!" and then if you feel up to it do another system. But as for your program, I would not lose sleep over it, as I could not see something of this magnitude ever being made.

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I have looked for Emulator/ROM organization programs before, but never found anything I liked.
    So what I did was create an organized folder tree for my emulators. Example:

C:\Games\Emulators

C:\Games\Emulators\Nintendo DS
    C:\Games\Emulators\Nintendo DS\ROMs
    C:\Games\Emulators\Nintendo DS\No$GBA

C:\Games\Emulators\PSX
    C:\Games\Emulators\PSX\ISOs
    C:\Games\Emulators\PSX\ePSXe

C:\Games\Emulators\Gamecube
    C:\Games\Emulators\Gamecube\ISOs
    C:\Games\Emulators\Gamecube\Dolphin

And so on...
    Different versions of the emulators stored in the folder, like ePSXe has 1.5.2, 1.6.0, and 1.7.0. About 10 different versions of Dolphin, etc.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

rom libraries/organisers do exist.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

There should be something similar like GameJackal...

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

There is a program called EmulaMenu that is a quick launch program where you just point to where your emulator's .exe file it and it runs it once you set the options.

You just click on the button with the corresponding emulator and it will open the emulator. :)

It's kinda outdated, but is good for older emus. - http://www.emulator-zone.com/download.php/utils/misc/emulamenu.zip

I'll try to see if there is a newer version, but I highly doubt it.

7. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the input so far, i will check out the suggestions.
    Also about keeping my stuff organized, i do. I am a little Anal about organization and have everything overly-organized really.
    I Just wanted a one-stop program to help keep track of everything and of what i do and don't have so i don't have to constantly be going in and out of these folders and such.
    I Have a folder with shortcuts for all the emulators i use, but it's still not the kind of thing i am wanting.

8. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Some people use something similar on mini-itx builds that are intended to function as a multimedia pc.