1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Emulating Gamecube ROMS

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ihazzai, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihazzai

ihazzai Member

Hey there!
    I noticed that there is a .rar file in romulation for The Legend Of Zelda- Twilight Princess on Gamecube. I've had a look at a lot of other sites and I've never seen any Gamecube roms before. I have the Dolphin emulator installed, so I'm just wondering if all I need to do is download and extract this .rar file to get the .iso file, and then if that file can just be opened with Dolphin. If anyone has done this personally, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance!

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Easy, dolphin can open it...you gotta add it to the file listing or just browse-find.

It'll ethier be a gcm or iso file...also (just for referance) you won't need a virtal drive emulator...gamecube/wii games can't be read in cd drives and ethier can the iso's XD

3. ihazzai

ihazzai Member

Thanks, hYpNoS. I'll download it now. It's 1.1GB, but I have 4,500 points. Is that enough?

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Try and see...

I do hope you got a download manager...if it cuts on mid download it's gonna hurt :(

Also...did you check the compatibility list for the emulator-it can't play everything...but it plays alot.

(Just saving you hassles :) )

5. ihazzai

ihazzai Member

I haven't done that yet, but I'll give it a look. Of course, I think I'm right in thinking that Dolphin is the best, if not only, working gamecube emulator out there, right? If there's a better one, I'd like to know. Otherwise I'll be left wondering how the people in the LoZ Twilight Princess downloads comment section got it working.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If they said dolphin then i suppose it does work.

They might have done what I done and just burnt it to disc and played it on their wii's/gamecubes.

Modified of course...

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

dolphin is the best, yes. However some versions play certain games better than others, so checking the compatibility list should tell you which version plays that game best.

You will need a powerful PC, and also you will need to extract the ISO from the archive before you can use it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.