1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EMERGENCY AK2i Malfunction!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Xalfrea, May 28, 2010.

1. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Last night the AK2i was working fine. Around this afternoon I turned it on to find it suddenly malfunctioning.

Now either of these scenarios are happening:

1. The card would not be read by the DS.

2. The DS doesn't even fully load, right when it gets to the warning screen it freezes

3. The AK2i does load, but it freezes at the loading screen

4. The Ak2i goes all the way to the game screen. But the game freezes at the load screen

5. I manage to get the game working but after a while it freezes.

I was horrified, so I double checked the card. To my utter despair, the entire card was slightly wet, and the slot that holds the SD card was a bit soaked. Apparently when my sister earlier swapped the cards, she failed to notice that she put the AK2i onto some spilt water from a cup.

I tried drying it, and most of the water is now out. But now when I try the AK2i either of the 5 scenarios happen, with the first one happening the most. At first I thought it was a DS malfunction but other original games I pop in work fine. Heck I even tried my old R4. Even if it couldn't read the SD card, the R4 Card could still be read. I also double checked the SD card. All the data is still intact and it can be read by my SD card reader.

Is there a way to salvage this? Or am I forced to buy a new Ak2i entirely?