1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Eh!? Is this OUR Seph!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I just read about this ROM Hack news article when what I underlined caught my attention:

Source:

http://www.romhacking.net/

Is that seph "OUR" Almighty one? Or is it some other bloke using a similar nick?

2. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

lolwut? I think they mean Shards of Light, a homebrew remake of the original Legend of Zelda by BassAceGold, who used to be a mod on NDS-Roms. Omega likely refers to Omega_2, who I believe helped out with some parts of the project.

EDIT: Wait, looks like it's something else entirely. Nevermind. SePH is also probably someone else. "Our" Seph probably wouldn't use Hotmail. It's not like it's an uncommon username, anyway.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

The hotmail bit is indeed true, but the name "seph" as being common? Didn't see that coming ???

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

You wouldn't think that a shortened version of 'Sephiroth' wouldn't be common?

Is something wrong that you need to tell us?

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

No, there's no harmful or negative issues, if that's what your hinting at Nat :)

I just thought that the Almighty one was the guy on the ROM Hack news article, & had it been him I thought it was cool that he ventured in the world of ROM Hacking if he did.

As for the commonality of the username, I guess you & tehuber are right, I mean aside from sephirith, seph could also be a shortened form of Joseph or even josephine.

Again, I'm sorry if I sounded alarmed or worried about something on my initial post.

6. Reider

Reider Modereider

Definitely not him. He's way too lazy to learn how to do something like that.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Oh c'mon now Reider LOL!

Well since you guys have cleared that out, I guess this will just be classified as another ROM Hacks new article then.

But as I said, it would have been cool if the almighty one did delve in the world of ROM Hacking.

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

That and I've never known him to be much of a zelda fan in the first place.

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

He's definitely a Zelda fan. He absolutely adores her polygonal face in Ocarina of Time.

He just wouldn't do something like this is all.

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The only thing he took part of in game development was let Capcom make a Street Fighter character out of his physical appearance.

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Geez guys, now you made me feel guilty for starting a thread where you can rip on the Almighty one LOL!

12. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Meh. I guess I don't pay attention as much as I thought I did, but of course I don't come on IRC either.

LOL yeah it was Guile wasn't it? just lacks the muscles in real life.

You really expected less? :p

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

LOL!

As I said, I would have thought it pretty darn awesome if seph did venture forth in the ROM Hacking route.

14. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

First you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the women.

Rom hacking fails at step one, unfortunately.

15. Reider

Reider Modereider

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=1547.msg10016#msg10016

To be fair, this was ages ago so I wouldn't expect you to know about this one.

16. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

ROM hacking is boring, if I ever got into that I'd probably be writing ROM hacking tools, that's more around my skill level.

Also this. Women are important!