1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Efficiency of SuperCard DsTwo

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Contradiction, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Contradiction

Contradiction Member

I know that the GBA emulator embed inside the SuperCard will work on a DS/DSLite and DSi, but how will it respond (work) on a DSiXl. Will the resolution increase/decrease or will it not work all together?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Of course it'll work.

I think it'd be just fine. The DSi XL screen is about the same size as a PSPs screen, and GBA games look wonderful on the PSP. :)

3. Contradiction

Contradiction Member

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. My only question now is How will it stand up to larger roms such as the infamous Mother3, Riviera: The promised land, and Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It'll be added later on most likely.

I'm going to eventually buy one if I get a job.

5. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The DSiXL has the same resolution as the regular DSi, I believe. Not that it makes any difference, as DSi-mode is still locked off AFAIK. The GBA emulator, along with everything else, should run at the original DS resolution of 256x192, though I dunno if it'd be upscaled or windowed.

6. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll Well-Known Member

I oddly remember Official Nintendo Magazine talking about the games are upscaled. I mean, the DSi upscales thei games but the resolution is still kept the same.

7. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

KH CoM has a f**ked up intro. Mother 3 plays fine but I haven't tried the other one.

8. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

The DSi doesn't do any "upscaling". It just has physically bigger pixels, with the same resolution. The bigger screen will not make any difference to anything apart from how easy it is to see.

9. Contradiction

Contradiction Member

This defies my previous beliefs about the DSiXl, because I've always thought of the the XL unit to be an "effect" of what would've happened if you put a DS into a projector screen without clutter or much clutter. I wouldn't have thought the GBA/DS (games) could become/have larger pixels.

Edit: Wow, Nintendo, trying to pull a fast one on people who just love their DSes.

10. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

It's not magic, it's just like buying a bigger TV and watching the same movie on it. The movie is exactly the same resolution, it's just the screen is physically bigger. Nothing about the games has changed, they are just being shown on a bigger screen. I'm struggling to find another way to explain this, anyone else want to have a go?

11. Contradiction

Contradiction Member

Not me I have reached maximum capacity, now I have fully understood it. What I quoted is my rendition of what would happen. Future explanation is futile.