1. This forum is in read-only mode.

EFA-Linker 512mb. Drivers?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by anibash13, Dec 11, 2012.

1. anibash13

anibash13 New Member

Hey, I've followed tutorial after tutorial and I can not get this stupid card to work on windows 7 at all. It's the clear purple one and the code on the back has LC on it, so I'm assuming it's one of the "fake" long card variants.

Does anyone know of a way to get this working with windows 7 or if there is any cheap alternatives to this that will? I'd rather not have to buy another though.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Could you please be more informative?!
    When you said not able to get it working on Win7, in what way is it not working?
    That EFA-LINKER is a slot 2 GBA flash cart. All I can guess is that you had trouble to make the computer
    recoqnize the cart to display on the window......if that's the case, change the micro usb cable in use.

3. anibash13

anibash13 New Member

Well I used to be able to get it to work on an old Windows XP computer, but that one is long gone since I built my own gaming machine. The main issue I'm having is I can't find Windows 7 drivers for the cart since it's to old for plug and play apparently.

The cart shows up in the device listings as unknown but won't run because of the lack of drivers.

And yeah, the cart does work with the few games that I put on it a couple years ago.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

The problem does lie in th 'unrecoqnized usb device' due to backward compatibility issue. It's most unfortunate that device didn't come with proper installation instruction and driver cd.

But do read this:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/using-virtualbox-to-manage-legacy-gba-flashcarts.275407/

Maybe will solve your problem.