1. This forum is in read-only mode.

(Edit title) TTMenu stopped working for no reason

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by RetroGamer22, Jun 1, 2011.

1. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Everything was working great last night; I played Pokemon Black and Yoshi's Island DS on my R4i for a few hours, plugged my DS into its charger and went to sleep.

Today I woke up, turned on my DS and tried to load TTMenu so I could play Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (I have both normal R4i firmware and the R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu from this thread http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0 on my card). The R4i firmware booted normally, so I went to load TTMenu since Lufia won't work unless it's run through TTMenu. The screen changed over to the TTMenu loading screen, but it just hung on "TTDS Loading..." forever.

Concerned since this had never happened before, I put the micro SD card into the reader and popped it in my PC's USB slot, planning to overwrite TTMenu with a copy of itself in case it had gotten corrupted or something. At first it looked like everything was going fine, but when I chose to view the files on the card an error popped up and said something about "the connection between the card and the computer was damaged so the files could not be saved" (I didn't read all of it because I took the card out really fast because I was freaked out).

Even more concerned, I put the SD card back into my R4 and was greeted with a black bottom screen that said "FAT INIT FAILED" or something to that effect. At this point I about had a heart attack (my pokaymans are on there T^T).

Eventually after a lot of trying to get my PC to read the card again by trying it in all of the USB slots on my PC (still unsuccessfully) and trying it in my DS again, it went back to working somewhat like it had when I turned it on today (R4i firmware loads, TTMenu won't) all by itself. Now I'm scared to try to load it on my PC again but I wanna back up my saves. What do, guys? :(

Info on my setup:
    -R4i-SDHC Upgrade Revolution v1.45 with Wifi Engine, website on the box is http://www.r4i-dshc.com. Purchased at Priceangels.com about a month ago. All the links on the box website seem to be dead so I got the firmware from here http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/#dlscat142i.
    -OEM SDHC MicroSD/TF Flash memory card 4 gigabyte capacity. Also purchased from Priceangels.com at the same time as the R4i.
    -TTMenu version is 6.59.
    -My DS is a slightly drop-damaged Lite model.

2. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

Re: Micro SD card can't be read by my PC anymore

If its possible could it have died?
    Did it get run through the laundry or soaked by water?
    Did anything have virus on it?

3. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Re: Micro SD card can't be read by my PC anymore

No water got into it. It barely leaves my DS unless I'm adding games to it. I just don't want to think that the card is dying already, after all I just got it last month! But I suppose that it could be. It could be the card reader or my USB slots too I guess. I should test them.

Edit: It's not the USB slots. I'll borrow a card reader and test that.
    Edit edit: Weird, my card reader must be busted because my nephew's works fine! But what could've caused TTMenu to stop loading this morning...? No viruses either.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Sometimes leave the reader to cool down for a day, tried this once and it worked again

5. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

It had been left off overnight so it should have been pretty cool. I backed up all my info and re-formatted it and now it seems to be working better. Pokemon Black glitched up a little earlier though (the people in the Pokemon Centers were floating o_O). Maybe I shouldn't have been a miser and bought the cheapest the micro SD card and R4, eh?

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Just depends on the reader yes, Sometimes they die sometimes not, Weird lol!

Just to make you happy, no one can predict these things XD!, either it happnes are it don't

7. RetroGamer22

RetroGamer22 Member

Bleh, now my save files keep getting corrupted. First DQ9, then FFVI and now Chrono Trigger. These things are almost more trouble than they're worth >.<

Edit: and now it ate my Phoenix Wright save.
    Another edit: and Disgaea's :(