1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Edge DS Memory Failure

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gwydion01, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwydion01

gwydion01 Member

So a funny thing happened. I had a red and black ds lite that fell victim to the dreaded cracked hinge. Since I'm a tech savvy fellow I decided to replace the case myself. So now, after a dissassembly, reassembly, disassembly because the upper screen wire wasn't in all the way, getting frustrated and leaving it sit in a pile of parts over night, and reassembly, I have a custom silver and black TWEWY ds lite. I also have an Edge card that I absolutely love. SO I got everything back together and booted up the ds sans the edge card, (The edge card was removed for the whole process. duh), filled in my personal info, and so on. Then I put in my edge card and it's kinda funny. It reverted back to the default settings. I didn't think it was a big deal so I set them to what I wanted them and played a bit. So I come back later and the edge card has reset itself again. After some fiddling, It appears that the edge card no longer remembers it's settings between power cycles.

Any ideas? The disassembly and reassembly should have nothing to do with it, but that's the only thing I can point to. It's almost as if there is some sort of battery in the edge card that powers a memory node that is dead or something. Any ideas? I've tried reformatting the SDHC card and putting freshly downloaded roms and firmware on there and it doesn't seem to help.

So, what do you all think? ???

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could try with another DS to see if the settings stay intact?

3. gwydion01

gwydion01 Member

Plot thickened. SO the card would remember what cheats I had selected but not my system settings.

And I think I was right about there being some sort of backup battery that got drained, because everything seems to have fixed itself after half an hour of Echoes of Time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.