1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ECM, CCD, SUB files

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sayedmatrix, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayedmatrix

sayedmatrix Member

hello there

i've downloaded a game iso file that what i though but when i extract the file i found 3 files which they:

ecm, ccd, sub files.

i try to run the game with the espx emulator but it doesn't work!

any way i search the net but they say many solution which i see it is complex or unclear for who read it!

many of these solution are saying go use daemon tools or clone cd or whatever.

i don't thinks this topic is new one but i hope i can have your own help and experience to deal with this problem and thanks

2. mrfatso

mrfatso Well-Known Member

u don need the ecm or the sub file, those are only for u to place in a real disk to play on a real playstation, anyway to play on a emulator, if i recall correctly, u use a tool for example poweriso to mount the ccd on a virtual drive then u go to your emulator and choose play by iso and choose choose that drive, well hopefully this isn't confusing.

3. sayedmatrix

sayedmatrix Member

thanks for the reply, this solution i heard about but still how i can do it in steps please?

i don't want use that or this! i want steps for running this file

ah the file that i download for PSX game was a rar file that contain these files

4. mrfatso

mrfatso Well-Known Member

okay, i try to explain to u(sorry if any of the steps are inaccurate or missing, i lost my copy of epsxe and cant be bothered to redl it)

iso more or less is your ccd, i just treat it as the same..

Things u need:
    -Winrar
    -iso mounting tool like powerISO, alcohol and etc

Step 1: download winrar and use it to extract your files to a folder
    Step 2(not sure if u need to do this but whatever just do it): install powerISO or similar tool
    ste 3: mount the iso on a virtual drive which could be e,f,g,h,i... z for all i know
    step 4:Go to epsxe and look for an run iso option, if i recall correctly, it should be there
    Step5: select the drive that u had mount the iso to.
    step6: click open and u should be done

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

daemon tools lite is better than powerISO, which is a time limited demo.

6. sayedmatrix

sayedmatrix Member

OK

i've already down, & install the so-called "virtual cd rom" Daemon tools!

I mount the image, but how operate the game in EPSX?

i hope i don't cause you every one a pain in the head, if i done that give an address and i will ship it from Kuwait to yours :)

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You should be able to go Run from CD.

8. sayedmatrix

sayedmatrix Member

there are a message say "unable to mound the file, unable to access the file"

even i try to edit the preference options to let associate with ecm files but still not working at all!

any one?!

9. kayoz_the_kid

kayoz_the_kid New Member

i'm having the same problem with Panzer General
    Post Merge: [time]1258221020[/time]
    alright i figured it out with the help of the resourcefulness of the interwebs..

get this tool: http://www.neillcorlett.com/downloads/ecm100.zip
    copy and paste the link to get the file.

extract the tool to a folder. drag img.ecm file onto the "unecm.exe" executable and it will decompress into a .bin or .img file.

you can go ahead and delete the old img.ecm file because it's useless now. your game should work after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.