1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Echoes of time (Start +)

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by michaeltoe, Mar 28, 2009.

1. michaeltoe

michaeltoe Member

Hello, I have finished the game on Normal level and I wonder, what's the benefits of hard or very hard? The harder monsters are not benefits. Are there more of a variety of weapons and clothes like the Lance of Longinus and such? I know that hard or very hard unlocks new doors.

2. latiosmstr2

latiosmstr2 Member

if you do certain things on very hard you will unlock secret party members

3. christian_o18

christian_o18 Member

This game wont work on my EDGE DS, the game cant be save.. Is there someone here that knows the solution?

4. michaeltoe

michaeltoe Member

Christian, ask in another place that probably says "EDGE final fantasy help!" or something. I'm still wondering whats the benefits, and I figured out that you get stronger upgrades to your shop than on Normal.

5. tiramisukisu

tiramisukisu Well-Known Member

You can hire more secret mercenaries at hard and very hard mode. I suggest gerald (i am not sure if english name is same). His sword is useful if you are playing solo and have low mp.

There are limited recipe too in each difficulty. like you can only get maid dress in normal, onion armor in H/VH only. Most recipes are from quest random treasure chests and monster drop, not from the shop. The equipment from H/VH are more powerful than in normal.

You get better gems too so you can make your equipment powerful and raise your stats. So if you want to be very strong in the game, you have to play H/VH many times. (>_<; )

6. michaeltoe

michaeltoe Member

Oh, I see. Thanks for helping me tiramisukisu. How do I get the onion armour in H/VH (I'm past graveyard)?

7. tiramisukisu

If my memory is correct, you get the onion helm and armor from treasure chests in invisible battle 2 (hunt the hidden 2???). What is inside the treasure chest is random so you can just retry and retry the quest until you get the recipe.

If you are looking for other equipment, just let me know and maybe I can help. (*^^*)

8. michaeltoe

michaeltoe Member

Ok...How do I get a Lance of Longinus? I figured out that there was a scroll for Septentrio Sword(on hard) at the tower. Oh yeah, what's so great about the level 99 Penguin (Lilty)? I'm finished Hard and am thinking about doing VH.

9. tiramisukisu

I don't have it yet but searched and read you can get longinus from the last boss (rakiex) at H / VH. I got ultima weapon from him too. So just save before the battle and fight and fight until he gives it to you.

But i got my best weapons from the giant crab. Just fight him again and again to get all the recipes.

Here is a site that may help you: http://ffcceot.square-enix.info/

Sorry. You can use this link if you dont know Japanese -> http://72.14.203.132/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://ffcceot.square-enix.info/&prev=_t&usg=ALkJrhgrNUgYhtlLnvPdnjJmwiOpR82ANw but its just online translation by google so a little strange. o(_ _)o