1. This forum is in read-only mode.

easy question but im really in need of help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by carol123, May 19, 2010.

1. carol123

carol123 Member

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help. Im trying to download a couple of games for my wee girls DS. I havent done this in a while and was on a different computer which was XP... now the computer im using is windows 7 and I cant seem to extract the files properly. Ive downloaded the games to the driver, which save as RAR files, I then compressed them into a folder and extracted all files in the folder... when putting into the DS it recognises the folders but not as a playable game format so im obviously doing something wrong.

Can anyone advise me what im doing wrong and how to correct it? Thank you, so much appreciate any replies
    Post Merge: [time]1274297142[/time]
    anyone?? :(

Just to add ive watched some youtube tutorials and i think the problem is that when ive downloaded the file it doesnt save as a compressed file dont know why?? Also just to say im using the R4

2. linkfan551

linkfan551 Well-Known Member

Downloading games should come in a .RAR format. In order to extract these properly, you'll need either 7-Zip or WinRAR.

After extracting (Right click -> extract to...) you should have a .nfo and a .nds.

Just put the .nds file into your games folder on the MSD card and it should be fine. Do not do any further compression.

3. bpay63

bpay63 Member

Just download 7-zip(its free),then just right click and extract,just use the .nds part(you can re-name if you want,just have game name then .nds).
    You may also want to look in a thread on this site for a ysmenu download,this enables a lot of the games that cannot be recognised on R4 to play.