1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dual Slot recognition problem in Pokemon Platinum?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by PseudoSage, Sep 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PseudoSage

PseudoSage New Member

Alright, so I have a .nds rom of Pokemon Platinum that I downloaded from here onto my R4 cartridge. It was the english version and was patched a few months ago (I think). I was attempting to use the "Dongle" method, which basically requires an old GBA Pokemon game in the the second slot of the DS to unlock bonuses. I have some real GBA games I bought for cheap, however it the game doesn't recognize that they're there.

Is there a patch or something I can do to fix this problem? You know, so it finds the game there? Or can I download the gba game to my R4 cartridge and do something, or what?

2. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

i have the same problem

3. geetajero

geetajero New Member

me too... and the file on the gba cart got geleted...

4. PseudoSage

PseudoSage New Member

So anybody know anything? I've googled it and came up with nothing.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No, because you're using ROM. There may be a patch for it, but I wouldn't know.

6. Sltl

Sltl Member

From what i know, it's a region locked feature.

So : if you use the US pkm platinium you must use US gba version (French version with french gba version and so on) US and UK version are 2 distincts versions. Maybe that's your problem ?

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I think it's a compatibility issue with the flashcart. I remember reading similar stuff in the release notes of updated firmware for some flashcarts. It likely works with some flashcarts, but not with others.

And I don't know a fix/workaround for this issue either :(

8. PseudoSage

PseudoSage New Member

Alright, well I'm using the same region for the games so that eliminates that. But I'm thinking it may indeed be just a compatibility issue with my flashcart. So I'm going to see if there are any updates from where I got it or anything like the like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.