1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTWO save files different?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Oct 23, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I loaded all my old games and saves onto my new microsd and into my new dstwo, and it recognized dq4 alright, but it initialized/deleted my khdays and ff4hol games. They're all .savs so I don't understand why it's any different. I tried googling several different things, but it's too flooded with unrelated pages to answer the exact question I want.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Have you tried shunnyweb's save converter?

http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

3. archlvt

Acekard and supercard are the same sav type. So I don't know why it wont let me read them.

Maybe it just initializes the game the first time it's put on the dstwo, and perhaps if I simply replace the save with my backup again it will work.

It still raises the question about why dq4 worked though... why it and none of the others? Weird.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It happened to me when changing firmware on the AK2i a few times...
    Just the save of the game I guess.

5. archlvt

I fixed everything I think, except for kingdom hearts which will absolutely not let me move my save file, which is fine, as it stopped working right after the tutorial on my acekard.

I'm pretty happy now, my dstwo plays everything my acekard couldn't - bowsers inside story, lufia, kingdom hearts, it will let me save in saga 2, etc. (I had to use the official firmware on the acekard because akaio would corrupt my data, in case someone wanted to reply with "Well those games worked for me on my acekard!")

It's weird too, it seems like my class 2 sandisk is actually a little FASTER than my old class 4 kingston. That leads me to believe that the kingston is a fake, as it says its class 4 when it definitely is not.

6. Devilkid32176

Devilkid32176 Well-Known Member

@archivt: did you try to change the save file extension from ".sav" to ".SAV" since i had the same issue with some of my transfers from acekard, it should resolve the issue

7. archlvt

It's the same file extension.

Even if it weren't, it's reading MOST of my .savs just fine. It's just that a few games I'm gonna lose my data for. I lost Glory of Heracles and KH:Days. So now I'm just checking all my games to see if the data is there.

*edit*

I jinxed myself. Lost knights in the nightmare. Was gonna start over though anyway.
    Post Merge: [time]1287938364[/time]
    Confirmed. My class 2 sandisk is DEFINITELY faster to save/load than my class 4 kingston. Adding 40 games to the SD card also takes pretty much the same amount of time, the class 2 sandisk being slightly faster.

Sounds like I got a fake kingston. Glad that's all over with at least and I can enjoy my high quality products :) It's about time too. 5-6 months of suffering through constant corruption, save deletion, random freezing, etc.