1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dstwo not working on dsi xl

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mojo12, Dec 31, 2013.

1. mojo12

mojo12 New Member

I am at my wits end. I have a new dstwo. I added the necessary files to the micro card, but the dsi will not recognize it. it says nothing is in the game slot. It is one 1.4.5. I updated the dstwo on a older dsi. still nothing, I tried older firmware still nothing. The dstwo works in a older dsi i have but still nothing on the other one. So i know the dstwo is not the problem but what is? Any help will be appreciated.

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

You first need to know what the older DSi console's firmware is. What's necessary is, you make sure the DSTWO been updated to the latest firmware version provided by the cart's official website. You already know the other (2nd) DSi you have is v.1.4.5. So, if after making sure the cart has been properly upgraded to support v.1.45, but still not work on the 2nd DSi which runs v.1.4.5, then best you try loading another flash cart on to that 2nd console, to see if it's read or not. It could be the console's cart slot is problematic, or the DSTWO actually hasn't been successfully updated to run on v.1.4.5.

3. mojo12

mojo12 New Member

Another flash cart is not working on the second dsi. I put the dstwo in the older dsi and it went to the update screen and completed so i figure that it updated correctly. The second dsi plays regular game carts so its not that the dsi doesnt work. I have reformated reupdated, still nothing, It even works in a 3ds but not the second dsi. The older dsi has never been updated so its on a older firmware.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Weird issue if that's the case. To recap; The 1st DSi can run DSTWO just fine, the 2nd DSi can run original game carts fine but not DSTWO nor other flash carts. So very likely the 2nd DSi is running v.1.45. If you'd updated your DSTWO to support v.1.45 firmware, and that 2nd DSi has no trouble running original game carts, then I have no more to say, since doing so should have solved the issue.

5. mojo12

mojo12 New Member

what you stated was correct but the second dsi is still not recognizing the dstwo, I know its update because it is working on the 3ds when it wasnt before.