1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTWO emulators

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Nov 4, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

Does supercard have any plans to make PLAYABLE snes and gba emulators? Neither of them run at an acceptable frame rate (maybe 5 fps), even at CPU 4. They're so slow and choppy that it hinders game performance. I can deal with the snes being forced to squish (or unsquished but partially cut off), but the frame rate just kills it for me.

I wish people had told me this when they recommended me the dstwo. Why doesn't anyone tell me these things?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

What games are you trying to play?
    There are a LOT of SNES games that don't run well. And there are a bunch of GBA games that lag too. I have only really played the Metroid games and they're fine. Zelda The Minish Cap works fine too.

You have to remember too that these emulators are only on their first and second release. They still need a LOT of work. :)

3. archlvt

So far on the SNES I've tried Secret of Mana, Illusion of Gaia, Soul Blazer, and Super Metroid. On the GBA I've only tried Final Fantasy 6 (which was the sole reason for wanting a flash cart with a gba emulator). The only one I found playable was Soul Blazer which seems to run at roughly 12-15 fps. Secret of mana runs at 5ish, and super metroid runs at even less than that.

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

You've got to have some kinda bad setting. Here's super metroid being run on NDSSFC, same version you've got:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ILytvi_Ls

Seems fine to me.

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Super Metroid runs at playable speed for me. You have an 8GB right? I do too, class 2 and it runs perfectly. You have the latest emulators right?

6. archlvt

I got off of the space station, and it runs better once I land on zebes, so it's moderately playable now, but anytime there are any sort of moving effects (mist in the background etc) it slows to a crawl, so it really only runs well while there are no special effects on.

Bad setting? There are no settings to adjust aside from the CPU, which is at 4 (the highest). If there are some sort of hidden underlying settings that can't be access from the ndssfc menu, let me know asap.

SNES version 1.05, right?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Screen Resolution helped me out a lot with FPS on some games.
    I forget, but is there an FPS limit on the SNES emu?

8. archlvt

Screen resolution? You mean the graphic display modes? Do those affect it?

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it should. It helped me out with a few games like I had stated.

10. archlvt

Didn't change a thing. Nor would it make sense for it to do so. It's not the resolution that gets changed at all. It's the same resolution either way.

11. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

this emulator needs to be improoved,its full of bugs,i hate when you try to use save state or just use the touch screen and it freezes

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Save state doesn't work for me on Super Metroid. Though it hasn't frozen on me yet.

I don't know man. It worked for me like a charm for a few games. :p

13. archlvt

Save states have been flawless for me, except for the fact that you can't just keep overwriting state 1. It keeps moving up and up and won't let me move back to my old states. It let's me choose which state to load, but not to save. This doesn't freeze or ruin the game for me however, so I don't care.

*edit*

I just tried a few more GBA roms. I had forgotten that the FF advance games didn't run very well to begin with, even on retail carts, and that pc emulation sped them up. I tried fire emblem and pokemon ruby just now and they run pretty well. Not nearly as well as the emulation on pc of course (as those run at 60 fps), but they run at a normal 30 fps (which is what most games run at by default on consoles).

Perhaps the snes version of ff6 will fare better. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

14. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

i also have the dstwo card with a class-4 2gb MSD ive tried most of my roms and the only one that doesnt work outright is Kingdom hearts - chain of memories with some slowdowns with bootleg ROMs,im also running the latest version of the EOS from the site

15. archlvt

As I said, the gba turned out to be fine. Final Fantasy 6 advance is just a naturally slow and screwy game, I'll try the snes version instead.