1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT (TOPTOY DS)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by th3echelon89, Apr 30, 2008.

1. th3echelon89

th3echelon89 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, there's a new flashcart that's out and it's the DSTT(toptoy).

I have it and I believe that it does the job pretty well, running SNemul on it, Roms and wifi. They say that this flashcart freezes your games and you have to reformat the system. Mine doesn't freeze, I think it's just the user that has the problem, mine works pretty fine and it made me love my DS phat.

Any news about this new flashcart? Just tell me.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The DSTT is not new, it's pretty recent. I used to have one, which now belongs to my friend. It's pretty good from what I remember.

3. th3echelon89

It's just new to my eyes.

It's a pretty good flashcart if you have a hard time finding R4.

4. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

From what I heard from flash cart sellers around here its better than the R4 but sadly it can't run patched or trimmed roms :( so waste of space and no Jump Ultimate Stars so meh!

5. th3echelon89

Well for me, It's better than the R4, they say that this is the new R4. Well R4 is rare nowadays, I guess your only choice is the DSTT and M3. But still both are pretty good and I recommend those two because I tried it, but if you can avail the R4 then go for it.

6. Abbafan1972

Abbafan1972 Well-Known Member

I have just ordered a DSTT and waiting for it to arrive.

7. th3echelon89

If you have it in your hands, just PM me and I can show you how to operate everything..

1. Downloading the Skin and The Menu so you can open and play games.
    2. Downloading Skins and Editing Skin Background
    3. Putting the SnemulDS so that you can play those street fighter and other games such as Mario.
    4. Putting Applications so that you're DS rocks!

Ever since I got this, I loved my DS, But when I used this for the first time, I got a hard time downloading the Menu and no one seems to help me. So I just tried harder and now my friends who has a psp now wants to buy a DS because of my Applications and other homebrew games.

Just message me if you have a problem.

8. Abbafan1972

Many thanks. Sorry for the delay in replying.

I got my card on friday. Have to say I am very pleased.

I researched everything first on how to do it. Downloaded the software no problem and have some games on my card.

My ds rocks! I have about 17 games on there at the moment. Not sure how many I will fit on my 2gb card though.

Haven't tried changing the skins yet.

9. th3echelon89

Well if you happen to need anything, Just message me up and I'll reply asap. So do you want to have a SNemulDS for your DS? it plays Old games such as Castlevania, Final Fantasy II and a bunch of roms, I have it on my DS and it sure is handy.

So what games are on your DSTT? I have:

-Metroid Prime Hunters
    -Metroid Prime Pinball
    -Colors DS
    -Advance Wars: Dual Strike
    -Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
    -Brothers In Arms
    -Diner Dash
    -Pokemon Diamond
    -Tetris DS
    -Jam Sessions
    -Nintendogs
    -Mario Kart
    -Cooking Mama 2
    -Need For Speed Carbon
    -Worms Open Warfare 2
    -New Super Mario Brothers

...So what's on your ds?

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

DSTT is fail compared to a CycloDS Evolution though, it still doesn't have 100% compatibility rate whereas the CycloDS does. I really don't understand why people buy it over the CycloDS Evolution.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

because it's cheaper?

12. MagNetCZ

MagNetCZ Member

Yeah probably, I really like my cyclo though.

13. anandjones

Yes, and also because not many people have CycloDS, so they go with the majority. Peer pressure, you know :p

14. Abbafan1972

Hi there.

At the moment I have...

Nintendogs
    Brain Training and More Brain Training
    Big Brain Academy
    Cooking Mama
    The Sun Crossword
    Mario and Sonic at the olympics
    Cocoto Racer
    Sight Training
    Crayola Treasure Adventures
    I did it Mum (Girl)
    Paint by DS (that one's a bit boring tbh)
    Tetris
    Catz 2
    Bust A Move
    Dora the explorer saves the mermaids
    Sega superstars tennis

I meant to ask a couple of questions before...

What is DMA mode? And is there any way to go back to the TT menu when you've finished your game without turning the DS off and then back on again?

15. anandjones

DMA mode makes newer games load faster, so always keep that enabled. If you enable soft-reset for a game, you can press a combination of keys to reset the game and get back to the menu. L+R+A+B+X+Y simultaneously.

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

DSTT reminds me of a pesticide....

17. Loonylion

thats DDT... and it's illegal now.

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Yup, that's waht it reminded me of, it's illegal to being harmful to bald eagle's eggs am I correct?

19. Loonylion

not quite, it's illegal because it causes considerable environmental damage and is also thought to cause cancer in humans.

20. th3echelon89

Hmm, Please guys, do not criticize the DSTT because of reviews and dumb opinions. I'm a DSTT user myself and I'm happy with it, I'm not going to buy any flashcarts like R4/M3. I got it for a super cheap price and it's brand new. DSTT offers action replay which is very handy if you're having any difficulty.