1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT Problem..

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by teheezin, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I was getting really frustrated by this problem for sometime already just want to get some help.. when I try to load some games on my DSTT it took a really long time to finish loading it.. but this only happens with some of the games like GTA:Chinatown Wars , The World Ends With You , and so on.. anyway if there's any fix for this would be really helpful

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

How long is too long?

Is it 15 seconds-that sounds normal.

Prehaps try these...

1.Backup your card's contents, reformat the card, put them back and see

2.Using the latest firmware?

3.Prehaps they take a bit of time to load...I'm lucky to have 10 seconds...

Gba games take about 15 seconds to load on my acekard-partially because they are being booted up on the slot 2 card XD

3. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Erm.. It usually took abt 1-3 minutes..

4. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

As mds said, any of those things could help, i would reccomend formatting your card first, as it would probably speed it up the most...

5. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Okay Thanks.. It kinda works haha.. my Dokapon journey loads really fast now xD thanks anyway

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Why...are there some games still loading slowly?

7. Jadawin

Jadawin Member

Try updating the 'infolib' file in the ttds menu. Get it here

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164807

Read what it says. It is an explanation from denieru7 about how games load and why they delay.

8. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I'm not sure I did add the infolib in and it doesn't seem to have any changes..
    Post Merge: [time]1258295377[/time]
    Am I suppose to delete the .sav files of the game before trying to load it again?

9. Jadawin

Jadawin Member

When update the kernel for your card, the new one includes the latest infolib and generally the latest updates for it. Now, maybe the infolib you put in your card is the same with the one it replaced. All in all, the loading time should be 5-10 sec except from the first time when it creates the save file.
    Do you put it in the TTMenu folder? Then you have to hit the "replace" button.
    Post Merge: [time]1258295622[/time]
    Try to put the "savelib" file as well.
    Post Merge: [time]1258296230[/time]
    Since you have the TTDS why not installing YSmenu? It has more frequent updates.

10. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I've add all the savelib infolib and the extra thingy and ntg change.. I'll try the YSMenu out tomorrow thanks for helping today ^^
    Post Merge: [time]1258324287[/time]
    Does the Infolib , savelib and stuffs only work with the latest official firmware or what?

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It will work with any DSTT firmware, custom/official/unofficial.

12. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Aww..it isn't working for me then

13. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I assume you put thease files in the TTMenu folder, I know this works with R4 ysmenu but unsure of DSTT

http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/
    Post Merge: [time]1258365125[/time]
    New infolib.dat out

http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/

dsm0088.zip

Or where ever it's listed in your DSTT firmware just replace them!

14. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I download dsm0088.zip and extracted everything into my TTMenu still no changes >.<
    Post Merge: [time]1258382660[/time]
    Can you tell me where can I check the list of roms which can loads faster using this infolib?

15. Jhon 591

Yikes not everything, Just

INFOLIB.dat
    EXTINFO.dat
    SAVLIB.dat

Are the only files needed, and infolib.dat is meant to be updated to the latest ROM's so far!

16. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I've deleted to rest of the files and left the 3 files u mentioned above but it's still not working games like The World Ends With You is still loading slow.. T.T do you thiink the infolib and stuff doesn't work because I'm using a DSi? or issit because I've upgraded my DSi to firmware 1.4 or something?

17. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

It could also be an SD card problem. You might just have a slow card class speed. I'm using a class 4 SanDisk 4gb card, & those games you listed take 5-10 seconds to load.

18. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Oh so It's the SD card problem ? I'm having a Kingston Micro SD 4GIG card

19. Quake90

Quake90 Well-Known Member

a Kingston is good in general right...?

so that shouldn't be the problem

20. Jhon 591

I down't have a TTDS card... But i know that r4dldi.dat and r4patch.dat work with the files

infolib.dat
    extinfo.dat
    savlib.dat

On R4 original, Made you could try

r4dldi.dat and r4patch.dat anyway and see if it works or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.