1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT or TTDS File Structure

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by soobolton, Mar 16, 2010.

1. soobolton

soobolton Member

I've had my DSTT card for over a year now but I've been using a version of the firmware I found on torrentz.com which basically has no real skins to it.

With this firmware I'm able to sort my games into categories just but simply creating a folder named for example 'puzzle' and placing for example Picross 3D in there then when I load my DSTT I can go Games->Puzzle->Picross 3D I find this much easier than sorting through hundreds of Roms for the one I want.

Unfortunately I tried to do this with the official and non official 1.17 firmware but it just jumbles all the games up with no file structure does anybody know how I can get updated firmware without loosing my file structures?

I've tried searching the forum for anything like this if I have missed anything if you could link me to it I would be extremely thankful.

2. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

no. DSTT has file structure at all. unless you load your files from an alternate loader within your DSTT. You cant replace them. Just let it be. It happens every time i format my microSD.

3. soobolton

soobolton Member

So I guess I'm stuck with an outdated firmware then as I enjoy being able to find the game I want to play by genre rather than searching down one long list.

4. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I didn't know my DSTT could have file structure @_@ anyway.. I'm using the latest firmware so I guess not, if you want to sort your games.. just google DriveSort and you can use that to sort all you're games by Alphabets for example they will show you all the games titled starting from A - Z without jumbling up all the games together. hope it helps =)

5. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Try YSMenu. You can manage your files with that. It's way better than the old TTMenu.

6. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Oh yea there's also Moonshell !

7. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Yes, i mentioned this already.

8. soobolton

soobolton Member

I think it's an old YSMenu I use I'm not too sure, all I know is I downloaded a torrent saying TTDS firmware no more freezing and on april fools day all the writing is backwards

9. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

All you need to do to update the TTDS firmware is update the infolib.dat , extinfo.dat , savlib.dat in the ttmenu folder , just replace them..

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=213105&st=0&start=0

Or http://loda.jp/dsm/

DSTT firmware

DSTT_1.17a12_english.zip dsm0107.zip from http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/

Ysmenu was made from DSTT firmware for original R4 cards

10. soobolton

soobolton Member

It's ok I found it and it works great, I can keep my file structure and be up to date \o/ thank you!!!!

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Your welcome, Thats all you have to do is replace the main files with the new ones