1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT For NDS/NDSL Cart and Firmware For Pokemon Soulsilver/ White Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ishiin, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ishiin

ishiin Member

For days I have been trying to find information reading through forums and cant find anything to solve my problem. I hope someone can/could help me solve it now here.

I have tried all of these menus and kernels.

(26745-RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v6.72, DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu V6.53, ttmenu V1.18_en, Wood4TT.1.25, YSMenu Update 6.51)

For Pokemon SS the game loads fine but sticks every now and again, ive been reading alot of forums that say "Fix for pkmn ss" but it never said what it fixed. is this a case where the "Fix" fix the game so i can play without freezes? or is it a case where these new kernels and menus fix it so there is no black screen? Also ive tried ticking the no$ fix in the cheat section and it doesnt seem to help.

For Pokemon White ive also tried all those menus and kernels. The game plays fine up to a point and freezes every now and again. When i tick the no$ fix in the cheats section and load the game it always ends up sticking right @ the beginning and never loads. I get a white screen with that code on.

Ultimately I wish to find out what is the BEST and MOST up to date firmware/menus/kernels for my DSTT card that would allow the best gameplay for both of these games. I also want to know if I must click the no$ cheat fix in the cheat database and if so that code ALWAYS causes white screens for both games as soon as it is supposed to load.

Thank you in advance for the help.

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Are you using the 100% clean roms ?.

Post Merge: [time]1325710286[/time]
    DSTT_DSTTi Build v5948_Eng

http://uploadmirrors.com/download/0TGCP16B/DSTT_DSTTi_Build_v5948_Eng.rar

------------------

I thought RGF fix PM SS long a ago .
    Post Merge: [time]1325710842[/time]
    021e5b77 what are they playing at !lol you can't run a offset from 07 has to start from 04 into 07.

Look like this lot needs refixing.
    Post Merge: [time]1325711078[/time]
    PS found somethink

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=22674.msg656005#msg656005

3. ishiin

ishiin Member

I believe the rom i downloaded was a prepatched one for pokemon White, I download these roms SOOOOO long ago, im sure new things have come out since then and im not certain if i should be using clean roms or patched roms now.

These Pokemon SoulSilver and White games can be played now without worry of freezes and black screens with these new firmware?

If so just tell me which i should get a clean rom or patched one for both games. And ill do the searching myself, as asking for roms is illegal. I just want to know if I should get both clean roms or patched...and should it be decrypted or something like that.

4. Jhon 591

You should use clean roms only with the DSTT, as patches are added to the DATs only

I'm wondering if them games are not fixed as i have just checked the extinfo.dat file, seams the coding maybe rong , as i have come along way in learning how the DSTT firmware works , 021e5b77 should not rely be used at 07 but should start from 04 as 021e5b74 , no one byte should be used only 4bytes.

So if happen no its not fixed.

I need to look into this.

But maybe for now you could try the no$gba code as found hear http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=22674.msg656005#msg656005

Only rom links in the nds share section is not illegal to ask.

5. ishiin

ishiin Member

Okay, Should I edit the code in the usrcheat.dat file to that one there then? And if you can, could you let me know what you find out with the coding and when you or whoever does it gets it fixed? I'd be very grateful.

6. Jhon 591

@ ishiin

Its worth a try, no$gba cheats and usrcheat.dat should be no diffrent.

It maybe already in the usrchear.dat ...

I'll check it out with the DATs , Just wondering about that RAM address, But the lad got my DS untill friday, So I'll just DL the original ROM for now and have a check on it.

7. ishiin

ishiin Member

Okay I have a clean rom for pkmn white downloading now.

Just wanna say thanks for the fast replies jhon and the good help.

I'll keep checking here for any updates.

*two thumbs up*

8. Jhon 591

I do my best your welcome ;)