1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSTT card on a DSi

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bacardiator, Nov 29, 2009.

1. bacardiator

bacardiator Member

does the DSTT card work on a Dsi? I have a card for my DS and works great, but thinking about getting a DSi. The firmware I have on the card is TTMenu_V1.17a07. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

nope you need to get a ttdsi just like the r4 and the r4i. hope this helps :D

3. bacardiator

bacardiator Member

Thanks for the quick reply Kieran. Which firmware should I put on it, the same one I have on the TTDS?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

5. kieran-123

umm what u mean.... if you have a ttds or ttdsi they both use the same firmware which it 1.17a07. i hope this helps :)

6. bacardiator

bacardiator Member

Well, both my daughters have a DS, and my godson had a DS but he just got a DSi. When he did, his old ttds didn't work on the DSi. I thought it could've been the firmware. I updated the firmware on my daughter's TTDS cards, and the games that didn't work before, worked after the update. What I want to do is, get my godson a card that would work on his DSi. So to confirm, I have to get a TTDSi card, correct? and transfer over all the games from the old card, to this one, even if they're DS games??

Thanks for your help bro.

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Basically you need a card with "i" in the name.

acekard 2.i is the best option, but if you find a dstti then use that, work the same, they just work on dsi's.

And the game type (ds/dsi) shouldn't matter, although the dsi enhacned games such as assassin's creed 2 tend to fail on a dsi (weird), just letting you know for future refferance.

8. bacardiator

bacardiator Member

Thanks very much.
    One more question, is there a working version of Mario vs. Sonic Olympic Winter Games (U) anywhere?

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It does work, but it might ethier need a patch, or a newer firmware...

If you tried that, a patch is needed, all I know is my acekard runs it just fine.

10. bacardiator

bacardiator Member

Also, on the DTTSi card, do I put the TTDS Menu Folder and the TTMENU.DAT file in the root of the card? How about the games, do I create a "GAMES" folder then drop the games in it, or do I just put the on the root of the card as well? How about the TTMENU.SYS file, do I not put it on the card, just like on the TTDS card?

Thanks for all your help fellas.

11. anandjones

Yes.

They do not need to go into any specific directory, it is purely for organization.

I believe that file is created when you first run the DSTT firmware, which stores all your settings.

12. kieran-123

you can download a working sonic and mario Olympic winter games here.......... hope this helps.

http://www.4shared.com/file/139976149/74bf33f0/Mario_And_Sonic_At_The_Olympic.html?s=1

it does 100% work on ttds and ttdsi with 1.17a07 firmware. :)
    soz i wasent there to answer your other questions.
    i dident really check for any more questions from yourself.
    anyway another questions please dont hesitate to ask i would be gad to answer.

13. bacardiator

bacardiator Member

Yes, I know it's created when you run the DSTT firmware, but it shows up separate from the DAT file and the TTDS Menu Folder. I just want to confirm that I don't need to transfer into the card because I read somewhere if the SYS file is in the card, it won't work, so you should just not put it in the card.

Again, Thanks for all your help.

Post Merge: [time]1259702206[/time]
    Kieran, THANKS again bro!!

14. anandjones

The firmware creates the file, so why would it not work? The i flashcart uses the same firmware, so the TTMENU.SYS should be compatible with whatever you're using. If you don't copy it, it will created on the first-run anyway.

15. mthanhthai

mthanhthai New Member

pleas give me links to dl (ttdsi firmware 1.3) thanks a lot

16. Lomaha

Lomaha Well-Known Member

A good idea is to update the firmware from 1.17a07 to 1.17a12 - it solves a lot of problems with the games - and Mario and Sonic Winter Olympic Games works fine with that firmware.

Look here http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/