1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSiware on DS lite?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A_Monkey, Oct 1, 2009.

1. A_Monkey

A_Monkey Member

I have seen downloads of DSiware and I was wondering if you can put them onto a mod card. Mine is a cyclo DS.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, you cannot.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No. You can't play DSiWare on anything.

4. TirithRR

Except a DSi that you actually bought it on :)

5. A_Monkey

A_Monkey Member

Couldn't there be a homebrew to open them?

6. TirithRR

Could? Maybe.

But it doesn't exist. Currently there is no way to play them without actually buying them.

7. A_Monkey

A_Monkey Member

http://rapidshare.com/files/176403192/0012_-_Nintendo_DSi_Browser_JPN_READNFO_DSiWARE_NDS-BAHAMUT.rar

This is a link to download the DSi web browser.
    There are more DSiware thing for free download as well.

8. TirithRR

That doesn't mean anything. Just because you can download them doesn't mean you can play them.

DSiWare are locked to the DSi you download them to. They won't run on any other DSi. This method of locking has not been cracked, so even though you can share the files you download with other users, the files will only run on the original DSi they were downloaded to.

9. A_Monkey

A_Monkey Member

Maybe is it is being shared someone could hack it.
    Post Merge: [time]1254367854[/time]

10. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I really wish that they could somehow crack and patch Dsiware for the DS Lite... I would really like to play Majora's Mask

11. TirithRR

It's possible. And the files have been available for a long time now.

But so far nothing has happened. I don't expect anything to happen, and honestly I'm not even sure if anyone is trying. I don't think there is anything all that worthwhile on the DSiWare that has been released to push people towards it.

If I'm not mistaken, DSiWare runs outside of the Slot 1, from the SD slot on the DSi, and uses the DSi's firmware. So it's not exactly the same thing as a Flashcard. This is probably why little to no progress has been made. It would probably be something similar to a CFW on the PSP.

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

...?

You can't play Majora's Mask on the DS. It's not DSiWare.