1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dsi XL

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by m3xicanjo3, Apr 15, 2010.

1. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

hi everyone i just purchased the dsi xl for my dsi and 40$ which i think is a very good deal but that's not what i wanted to talk about. i was wondering if anyone knows if theres any case mods being done yet? like ghost case or anything of that sort? reason for change is for there fact that i have the lite red pink one and i do not like it and want to get that changed as soon as possbile.

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The DSi XL is relatively new. I don't think ther are any case mods. Yet.

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Yes there are.

http://images.google.nl/images?hl=nl&q=DSi%20XL%20case&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
    (may be in Dutch)

But no ghosts.

4. lollyluna

lollyluna Member

is it a dsi with a bigger screen?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

DSi XL is just a DSi on steroids.
    I thought it was worth it though. :)

6. m3xicanjo3

yes the dsi xl is way bigger then the dsi i was a little sceptical to purchase it but in the end was worth it i would hafto say i thought the games would be a bit smudged but they where not and my dstti card works on it without no problems but i also noticed while playing sonic classic games it didn't lag at all i have no clue why it doesn't lag on that game but I'm happy it doesn't have any delay anymore :)

7. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

the XL is for the old people who want to play the DS. hehehe joking aside. I'm old and I want one!

8. yoshi2889

9. m3xicanjo3

lol now thats funny define old for me.... im 24.. LOL and i love it ! playing doom 2 on it looks sooo good !

10. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

And thats the odd thing. Nintendo's handheld's games are based for younger audience yet they release this big thing.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

You don't strain your eyes as much.

It's great for people with glasses like myself, though I can see the DS Lite screens, I prefer a larger screen.

12. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

I will be getting one for free with my loyalty card in my city.
    I ordered this one from amazon.com
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BNY176/ref=oss_product

This one is available at Walmart for $15
    http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DSi-XL-Crystal-Case-DS/dp/B003BNY15S/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271464247&sr=1-16

13. m3xicanjo3

thank you maggiemaymay but I'm not looking for replacement case not a carrying case. i love taking new things apart and replacing them and making them look differant that's why I'm looking for them. i really appreciate it though :)

14. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

Old is old. Just kidding! I'm just reacting to the japanese DSi XL commercial. hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQflFMzDAIY

I really do want one! Currently I have a ds lite so I'm kinda reluctant to buy a new one. hehehe

say what? The DS are not just for kids to enjoy.

15. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

yes even grown ups play nds

16. maggiemaymay

I'm a grown up and I play adult games.
    NYT crossword puzzles
    Sudoku
    Dr Mario
    Solitaire

17. m3xicanjo3

yea. the dsi is meant for people who want bigger and better screens and its awsome! just wish i can get a replacement case :(

18. maggiemaymay

I haven't seen one but I have heard that the bigger screen just stretched everything so it looks blurry and not sharp. Is this true?

Just want to say that if I could get a clear case and then you could see all the innards, that would be so cool. You must be brave to want to do that. What happens if you screw up and can't get it to work again?

19. yoshi2889

Sometimes I loan my mom's glasses...just because I cannot see something on my DS Lite.
    With the DSi it still is tiny, but not that tiny...also I heard my grandma saying: "That one must be in the collection too.", so maybe I get the DSi XL...

It is crap (I mean if it fails and it doesn't work).

Also, that sort of cases are scary.

20. m3xicanjo3

and no thats not true they arent streached out they are actually very clear and very crisp to look at dont listen to everyon you hear from im going to have my review up on youtube by tomorrow i will send you the link and play a couple of games so you can see urself how nice it is. Any game you would like to see on my review?

well being that i have modded many dsi and ds lites its kinda hard for me to mess up but theres not to much you can mess up on the only thing i can see some one messing up on is the flat wires those can be a little bit challenging but not to much for some one who has worked with them before
    Post Merge: [time]1271548629[/time]
    sorry maggiemaymay i didn't finish all Ur question but if i happen to mess up or crack a flatwire its no biggie theres a site i go to and purchase a new flatwire for a whopping 6$ and if you ever break it half don't think for one second it cant be repaired cause it can for a total of 25$

so I'm not all mad if it doesn't work because its a easy fix, just time consuming :)