1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dsi xl ?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by wallyjuan, Mar 28, 2010.

1. wallyjuan

wallyjuan Well-Known Member

just got dsi xl .....have an acekard 2i ...can some one help me please not sure what i have to do......i want to use akaio firmware .....thanks in advance

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Use it just like you would in your DSi. Make sure it has the 1.4 update installed on it.
    http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl.php/AceKard_2i_firmware_v1.4.zip

3. Jason5877

Jason5877 Well-Known Member

I got a DSI XL today and put my acekard 2i With Akaio RC 2 in and its working, i didnt have to do anything to my acekard it shows up as danny phantom and loads and runs all games.
    It came with Brain Training arts edition and Dictionary 6 in 1 on it and i got 1000 points when i connected to the nintendo store, The firmware version is 1.4E

4. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 New Member

I just got my shiny New Burgundy Dsi XL and reporting that my R4i card works perfectly with the XL. No problems. I will keep my Wifi OFF because that way Nintendo cannot update (They will update and not even notify you in some cases) and thus screwing up any chance of using the R4i card again.

My advice is NOT to connect to the internet that often and when you are not using the web browser, turn the Wifi OFF so no updates can get through!

Anyway, I'm majorly enjoying all my R4i games on my XL. Screens are super and the sound is way better, almost like surround sound.

5. arceus12345

arceus12345 Well-Known Member

just go on the link and extract it to your card( not sure where on it) and it should work. the dsi xl is just like the update from the ds to the ds lite. its not much but its still better then the older version. if you would like to view more about the dsi xl go to: www.nintendo.com