1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSI XL

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Darren01274, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Darren01274

Darren01274 Active Member

Should I upgrade to the new DSI XL or not? can you use flash cards like R4 in them?

2. slingshot182

slingshot182 Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I bet you the whole reason Nintendo made it was to take another step to stop pirating.

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

And to get bigger screens!

4. 7mike7

7mike7 Well-Known Member

And to get bigger screens!

5. slingshot182

Yeah, Nintendo just butters people up with upgades, then they buy it and say Holy#*&^ my flashcart doesn't work.

That was the whole thing behind the DSi to, they just added cameras and stuff so people would buy it.

6. Supersonicmonk

Supersonicmonk New Member

The DSi XL has exactly the same firmware as the DSi so all DSi compatible carts will work on it, the only difference is the bigger screen and a few DSi ware titles being preloaded.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well you really can't blame Nintendo in trying to stop Piracy you know? :p

8. slingshot182

Yeah. But they sure don't do a very good job of cracking down on pirates.(like ace, hes a major pirate)

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

But they're doing the best they can. Ever had a gander of those Nintendo sues threads over at World News section?

10. slingshot182

Yeah, and there has been alot more of them lately, might leave soon to be safe.

11. yoshi2889

Don't copy me.
    Post Merge: [time]1266773418[/time]
    And me :p
    They almost ARE safe...

12. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Do NOT UPGRADE!
    Dsi XL/LL is a wast of money! and I happen to know because I own the normal DSI and it's the same thing... as the dsi XL/LL

I bought dsi and I don't regret it, but thats because I'm a gadget freak! I'm the type of person that just needs to own the latest, but seriously do not buy it! it's a gimmick that dies quickly... unless you are a big fan of music and taking pictures and enjoy mediocre Dsiware games.

That said, I do like the dsi because of it's bigger screen and music abilities along with the camera, but as a gamer I know it's a pointless add on, and I really don't recommend upgrading, plus, dsiware games are pretty boring and there isn't a real reason to buy a dsi just for dsiware games.

However there are some games that are fun and cool, but I again I say it's not worth buying one, especially with rumors of a next gen Ds2 circulating around the internet..(yes I know Rumors are always around) but ds has been around more then 5 years already.

Just don't buy a dsi, or a dsi XL/LL dont.. and anybody that comes in and tries to flame me by telling me otherwise is just a blind nintendo fanboy.(not calling anyone a fanboy)

13. yoshi2889

[​IMG]

^ That is really thin. I don't think Nintendo can do that...

14. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Thats a fake picture dude, and I never said that picture was real.

15. yoshi2889

You talked about the DS2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which one is real then?

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

None.

17. yoshi2889

Oh. I'm curious about the DS2.

18. ultra

ultra Guest

that's not the reason why. if you read the nintendo investors relations report prior to the release of the dsi, you'll find your answer.

the dsi xl is definitely an upgrade if you want a bigger screen. having a ds lite, it's hard to see and control the touch pad at times because the screen is small for me to see and use. so i will definitely find it a positive aspect to buy a dsi xl.

if you're comfortable with the ds lite and the dsi, then there is no need to upgrade. other wise, upgrade accordingly.

19. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I saw a little kid playing with his Brown and Golden colour DSi XL the other day.. and I really liked it.. but the bad news is I've already got my DSi =(

20. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

I've seen and read lots of reviews and DSi XL resolution is pretty much the same as the DSi.
    As for the picks, DSi XL is heavy to play in your hands for hours, it's a desk play handheld with those huge screens. Otherwise, DSi has mobility as its advantage.

Yes, any flashcard works on the DSi XL.