1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSI XL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darren01274, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Darren01274

Darren01274 Active Member

Anybody getting the new DSI XL wonder if you can use the DSI R4 Card!?

Cheers
    Darren
    www.kingsofvegas.co.uk

2. Jayne Locke

Jayne Locke Well-Known Member

I probably won't buy the XL, and you should replace it with an Acekard 2 as the massive cheat database from GBA temp works.

3. Jaysome

Jaysome Member

We had a talk about this in college, and we concluded All the DSi XL seems to be is just the DSi with a larger screen.. Totally pointless unless you have real bad eyesight or wanted to show the world your elite pokemon team :p So nah, think ill pass on the DSi XL

As for the question on the R4 DSi, the most likely answer is no, it wont work on the XL as Nintendo have probably already patched it to hell and back.

But meh, no doubt the R4 DSi XL and equivalent will be out soon after the XL is released.

4. Darren01274

I wish you could use WAP encryption with the DS Lite. Surely Nintendo could make a firmware upgrade for this!!

Cheers
    Darren
    www.kingsofvegas.co.uk

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

You know you don't need to sign with your name and email address, right?

Also, DSi XL is just a waste of money.

6. Jayne Locke

Jayne Locke Well-Known Member

They do WAP connection for the DSi but you can't use the Wifi on games.

7. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

You mean WPA encryption, I'm guessing?

8. jpm83160

jpm83160 Well-Known Member

Im gonna buy one.....I almost bought a japenese version just to play the games i already have...but i can wait for the english version......cant wait....

9. littlekiwibird

littlekiwibird Active Member

I'm probably going to get one too, maybe I'll stop ruining my eyes on the screen ^^ But I'm going to wait until a DSiXL compatible Cyclo or other card comes out, although I guess with all the firmware updates, a regular Cyclo could work on it?

10. Darren01274

Yes WAp Enryption. Any way around this for the DS Lite. I want internet accsess but not making my router WEP Encrypted!

Cheers
    Darren
    www.darrenrivers.com

11. Jaysome

Jaysome Member

Darren, firstly, you really dont need to keep plugging your site every post, secondly its WPA encryption not WAP (Thats phone networking), and last of all to answer your question - to my knowlage, there is no way around this. Its built into the software, so I guess the hardware is not built to handle such high level encription codes also.

12. p4tman

p4tman Guest

This is just another way for Nintendo too get money from us.

Personally I don't think this is going to sell as there is no added features from the dsi.

13. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually WPA-PSK is designed to work on the same hardware as WEP. It was developed as a stop-gap solution when they realised how insecure WEP is (far more than they intended it to be). WPA2 uses AES encryption and thus requires better hardware than WPA and WEP, which use TKIP. It only takes a firmware update to add WPA-PSK support to hardware that supports WEP, and nintendo are eternally stupid for not providing a firmware update.

14. Jaysome

Jaysome Member

Heh. Surely there must be some reason they haven't then?

Maybe they are just lazy :(

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no technical reason.