1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi Xl won\'t detect my acekard

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Oct 5, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I just bought a DSi XL the other day, and the acekard worked fine. My cat chewed through the charger, so I exchanged it for another dsi xl. This new dsi xl won't pick up my acekard, it's just a blank spot. I got it to appear once, and before it could hit the loading screen, it said something like "an error has occured, please press and hold the power button to turn the system off, consult the manual for details"

Anyone experience this?

The XL works with retail games, and the acekard works on my old dsi xl and my ds lite. They just won't work with EACHOTHER.
    Post Merge: [time]1286280329[/time]
    I put a piece of paper in with the acekard and it worked. Weird that I didn't need this on the other XL, but it requires it on this xl.

So acekard is the culprit, despite working on my lite and my old xl. Time to get a supercard, I'm so sick of my acekard and everything to do with it.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Actually that firmware must be 1.4.1 rather than 1.4.

Just update it like last time. - http://gbatemp.net/t253661-acekard-2i-dsi-1-4-1-firmware-fix

3. archlvt

If it were the new firmware, then the acekard wouldn't work with a piece of paper in it, which was the solution.

It's not 1.4.1, it's 1.4, I can see it in the settings menu

Even if it was 1.4.1, I already flashed my acekard for 1.4.1 ages ago.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Did you blow into the cart slot on the XL?
    Take it back for another one if you're worried about it that much.

5. archlvt

I don't want to take it back yet again. I'm just gonna buy a supercard dstwo. Acekards have this problem anyway, I read about it before. The retail carts work fine, the acekard is just too thin and doesn't always line up with the console. If the supercard has issues, I'll take it back. It's walmart, they'll take anything back.

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ewwww....Walmart. There's your problem. I buy all of my game accessories from GameStop. I know I can trust the one in my town.
    I never have had this problem before and I have tried my Acekard 2i on multiple DSi's.

7. archlvt

I have a fake acekard, so it's built poorly. It's slightly smaller than retail carts.

What do you mean eww walmart? You do realize that the XLs ship from the same factory no matter what retail store, right? Not only that, but gamestop merchandise that I buy is always, always damaged and unsealed even though it's supposed to be brand new.

The culprit here is the acekard, not the dsi xl. It's loose in the slot, I can push it slightly up and down, and the icon on the main menu appears and disappears when I do so, whereas retail carts fit snuggly into the slot.

Assuming the DSTWO is built properly like a real ds game unlike the acekard, it'll be fine.

There's nothing wrong with buying games from walmart. At least when you do that, you aren't supporting criminals like ebgames/gamestop.

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

GameStop isn't a criminal. :p
    Why do you say that?

And I just don't like Walmart that much personally. It is too...industrialized to me.

Ah. So if you have a fake one, the latest AKAIO shouldn't even be able to work at all.

9. archlvt

It does. If it's not fake, then it's faulty. Either that, or acekards are just complete garbage. Either way, there is a noticable size difference between acekards and retail carts.

Gamestop buys games from people for dirt cheap, like 5 bucks, then turns around and sells them for 40. Their level of narcissism and condescension is gargantuan, and they use bully methods to get you to buy things you don't want to buy. I had to leave gamestop and go to another store when I bought guild wars, because they refused to sell it to me and instead recommended world of warcraft, despite me telling them several times that I don't want to play a piece of crap like WoW.

I never receive my preorders on time, whereas when I go to walmart they have their games in on day 1. I never, ever receive my preorder bonus. They put these annoying yellow stickers on their games so that you can't get them off, ruining the value of the game. "brand new" games don't come factory sealed, gamestop opens them. Oftentimes I will receive a game where the box is damaged, mangled, cut, broken, etc. The clerks are just angsty snobs who think they know everything when in reality they couldn't give game advice if their lives depended on it. I feel ashamed whenever I'm forced to go in there to find a rare game not found in department stores.

Luckily, they will be going out of business when used games are made illegal to sell.

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Huh. Your local store must suck nuts cause my local one is a very nice place.
    And they buy crap games for dirt cheap. It's called a business. That's how other places do it as well like pawn shops and second hand game stores...It's everywhere, not just GameStop. :p

My preorders are always there on time when I go to get them and the people suggest games, but then when I say I don't want it, they don't push it on me.

You MUST have a faulty card then. I'm not sure why, but all 3 of mine are perfect. I got them from DX and ShopTemp.
    I'd just return it for another one personally, but if you want a SCDSTwo, then go ahead. :)
    It does have better compatibility as of now.

11. archlvt

So, the new xl I got also had a loose hinge, and I was starting to get really pissed off. So I took the new XL back to walmart, and they actually let me exchange my old xl for the new xl, so now I have the new box, charger, stylus pen etc but with my old, perfect-working console that has a nice tight hinge and my acekard fits nicely in there.

Take that, walmart hater :)

I also live in Canada by the way, which from what I understand is very different from the US in terms of walmart. I'm not sure about EB/gamestop, but in Canada walmart is actually decent. I heard it's pretty bad in the us, run by horrible people and bad customer service and poor ethics etc.