1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dsi (XL)/acekard 2i wont run games help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by XOweX, Sep 20, 2011.

1. XOweX

XOweX New Member

Hi!

I'm trying to play ds games on my Dsi with no success :/
    I have:
    Dsi (XL) with hardware version 1.4.3E
    Acekard 2i with HW 81 SVN 1107
    I run my acekard with firmware 1.4.3 and with AKAIO 1.8.8
    (i managed to get my dsi to 1.4.3 before the acekard so i used an old ds to also update my acekard to 1.4.3)
    My microSD is a SanDisk 4GB class 4.

I've tested my acekards serial code on the acekard webside to see if its legit (it is).
    I've tried to use SDformatter and replace everything but it wont help.

This is how i try to get my games to work:

I download akAIO 1.8.8, put the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds file in the root folder in the microSD.
    I then create another folder named "games" and place it in the root folder in the microSD.
    Now i take my ROMs (i have about 10) and place them in the "games" folder.

I start my dsi with acekard in it (etc etc) try to play any of my games but all i get is white screen (or black) or the game freeze in the "open cinematic". I have also had the ds telling me "please insert game....." (or something like that)

Ive gotten one game to work (Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow) but if i reset my dsi the game will give me a whitescreen 4/5 times.
    The odds are kinda the same with soft reset, if i get the game to start i can play until i turn it off.

So my Acekard 2i is legit, and it works (i guess?) since i can actually play one game, save works.
    My dsi and acekard is the same firmware version (1.4.3).
    All the roms Ive tried works with DeSmuME (emulator) and shows as working roms with NDScrc (to check if they are corrupted etc)

So my question is, what am i doing wrong ? :( any help is appreciated.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I would recommend trying to download AKAIO 1.8.6a, format your microSD card, unzip the AKAIO download and copy every file from the download to your card. After that create 2 folders on the root of the card and call them GAMES and SAVES. Copy a single game (for now) to the GAMES folder, and then try to load the game in your DSi. Best of luck,
    miros

3. XOweX

XOweX New Member

Hi,
    I did as you said and gave Zelda phantom hourglass a few tries, it froze in the loadup screen after about 0.5sec and 1sec.
    By the way whats the "SAVE" file for? i thought the ds created the .SAV file next to the rom making the "SAVE" file unnecessary?

4. miros

miros Well-Known Member

Your right...that is disappointing that your Acekard does not work. Do you have any other microSD cards that you could try using? Other than that, I cannot think of any other reason as to why your card would not work after following my instructions...I wish you the best of luck anyways,
    miros