1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi vs 3DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Mishy, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of buying myself a DSi for Christmas as a upgrade from my original pink DS. I plan to keep my original pink DS for nostalgia reasons and for the GBA slot.

I want to know some more info on the 3DS but I haven't seen much about it. I would also like to know would it be worth getting a 3DS over a DSi. I mean, I know the processor on the 3DS probably is bigger and I'm sure the graphics might have a few tweeks but seriously, would it be worth the $300 price tag?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would wait for the 3DS even if it is more, it'll be way worth it with the game line-up that it has.

3. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

The 3DS, I'm foreseeing, is going to be something off the leagues of the DSi, the PSP and anything else you, me or anyone else have ever played before. If it will be in a good way, then yes, by all means, wait for it. If it will flop, which it will less likely do, go for the DSi this holiday.

Right now, I can't tell if it's better to get a DSi right now, or wait out the 3DS. I myself am waiting at least 3 months after release before grabbing one. :)

4. wasbeer500

wasbeer500 Well-Known Member

I think the 3DS is better. If you can wait, WAIT. I bet the 3DS is awesome.

I also think the price is worth it. 25000 Yen is around 220 euro's. It's not THAT expensive for such an awesome console!

Remember; the 3DS can play DS and 3DS games. The DSi can NOT play 3DS games. Next year Nintendo will stop with the high production of DS games and continue with 3DS-games. That's also a reason to buy the 3DS.

5. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

this but change the currency to pounds

6. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Wait for the 3DS.Stick with your original DS until then.Whatever money you have saved up keep it.You'll so need it.

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Do you think our flashcarts will even run on the 3DS? I've got a Acekard 2i.

There are a few game titles I really want (as in actual cart) which would be Harvest Moon, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and possibly Tales of the Abyss.

8. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

No one knows.Nintendo was completely aware of the flashcarts still being used despite the DSI updates so who know what they've done to the 3DS to counteract the Flashcarts.You'll probably have to wait for someone to hack the 3DS for piracy to commence.

9. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

This is true. I really just don't want to give up my flash cart. It's nice carrying one cart for all the other games, that I either really do own or I have stolen... =P

10. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

You seem to think the 3DS is just an upgraded DSi (like how the DSi was just an upgraded DS), but the 3DS is an entirely new, separate console. Like how the DS was a completely separate console from the GBA. They really aren't comparable.

11. eyeball226

eyeball226 Well-Known Member

This.

The 3DS is to the DS(i) what the DS was to the GBA. The 3DS is a completely new console with different architecture, it's backwards compatible with the DS, but not the same thing.

12. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Getting a DSi would be a huge waste of money at this point, just wait for the 3DS.

This makes no sense...
    No, it's extremely likely that current flashcarts will be blocked. Play your pirated games on the original DS, since you're keeping it.

...I'm not sure, but are you asking if 3DS games will playable via your Acekard 2i? obviously not.

13. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

That pretty much clears things up.
    And that makes sense.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

DSi sucks, pick the 3DS

15. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about just going for the 3DS but obviously like a month or two after it comes out. Because I guarantee it will be out of stock if it sells really well.

16. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

...which it will. You could just fight your way to the front of the cue at your local electronics store.

17. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Pre-order it as soon as it becomes available. I've told my Amazon account to notify me as soon as they start taking pre-orders.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Maybe like the Wii?

I'll just get my step brother to hold me one, he works at Best Buy so he can hold them for me. :3

19. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

You know what's funny, I totally forgot about my friend that works for Best Buy as well. =P
    He helped me get a new LG Rumor Touch for Virgin Mobile.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to pinch some pennies...
    What are the colors that are coming out though? I know I saw that weird greenish/blue one and black.
    Are there going to be anymore colors in the line up?

20. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

3DS because it is newer and by then, hackers will hack into it and allow you to emulate psp games because it is more powerful than the psp!