1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi v1.4e with R4i sdhc V1.4 won't work.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by StickS, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StickS

StickS Member

Hi, I'm after a little help with my friends DSi & R4i. Both are brand new this christmas. The DSi is running ver 1.4E and the R4i SDHC is the new V1.4 red box version.

I have download the lateset firmware from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp (R4i English V1.14b) and extracted it. I've then copied everything to the sd card (16gb). When i load the DSi and selcect the 'Star Wars Lethal Alliance' icon, all i get is a black screen with white writing saying 'An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER Button to turn the system off. Please refer to the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for details.

Any ideas? Tried re-downloading the firmware incase it was corrupt, but stilll get the same message??

UPDATE: I have tried the R4i V1.4 in a NDSL and it works no problems, and shows the v1.14b firmware. So the card is working. Just need to get it to work on the NDSi running v1.4E

2. orions57

orions57 Well-Known Member

Re: DSi v1.4e with R4i sdhc V1.4 won\'t work.

hi does your r4i card have the v1.4 wrote in the top right corner if so i have the same card mine does not work on v1.14b but works on 1.12b

download here http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp check if its the one on the right or left look at the pics
    Post Merge: [time]1262021063[/time]
    the card you have i think will only work with version 1.4 on your dsi yours is 1.4e was it set at 1.4e when you bought it as most forums say dont update to the latest version on your dsi im not sure if the software is out yet for 1.4e maybe someone could tell me.

3. StickS

StickS Member

Hi. It is the same as this [​IMG].

Do you have a link for the 1.12 download? Can only find 1.14 or 1.09

Yes, it was already on 1.4E

Thanks

4. orions57

hi if i am correct you card in the pic will not work with firmware 1.4e

5. StickS

StickS Member

Surely that can't be right? The R4i v1.4 was released to work after the 1.4 nintendo updates was it not?

6. orions57

hi just done a few checks there are plenty of video's on youtube telling you version 1.4e will not let you use the r4i card version 1.4 i prosume someone will find a way soon

7. StickS

StickS Member

Can you link me to some of these videos?

8. orions57

hi sorry for delay my daughter closed my tab to youtube i cannot find the video again but beleive me your card will not work with 1.4e google your question and look at some of the forums talking of your r4i card

9. danny4

danny4 Active Member

re format your micro sd card again then download firmware 1.14b extract and copy everything you extract to you micro sd card it should work cause i updated my dsi to 1.4 firmware and i'm using r4i sdhc with v1.4

10. lotr3

lotr3 Member

Me too, both daughters on 1.14b with DSi on Red Box v1.4.
    When I updated to 1.14b i got an error message too the first time round, but then just simply put the usb back in my laptop, waited for it to boot up again and then clicked on "safely remove hardware" from the toolbar (again) but this time waited until the baloon had disappeared and the toolbar reset itself (ie, a little longer than normal!!) put the card back in and hey presto it worked (for both of them)
    dont know whether this will work but you can try.

11. StickS

StickS Member

Re: DSi v1.4e with R4i sdhc V1.4 won\\\'t work.

Hi. Thanks for the replys.

I've downloaded the software again, reformatted the card several times. Still no joy.
    Post Merge: [time]1262096992[/time]
    UPDATE: I have tried the R4i V1.4 in a NDSL and it works no problems, and shows the v1.14b firmware. So the card is working. Just need to get it to work on the NDSi running v1.4E
    Post Merge: [time]1262131718[/time]
    Another thing I just found out. My brother has the exact same card I have. Except on the back of his, just abobe the gold contacts it says 'R4i-SDHC 5'. Mine says 'R4i-SDHC 6'. My sd card with the firmware i installed on it, works in his cartridge. His sd card and firmware still won't work in my cartridge.

12. MoggeTheGreat

MoggeTheGreat New Member

Hi there

Just read about your problem and I have to join you in the search for the same question - Just baught my daugther a DSI and upgraded it - i'm afraid - and have now ver. 1.4E. My R4i does not work with any of the kernels I've found...
    Hope you (we) find the answer to this :)

/Mogge

13. inkyspot

inkyspot Member

When formatting the SD card it has been recommended that you use the Panasonic format software http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/sd_formatter.html

I would recommend dumping the R4 and get yourself the AceKard 2i.

14. danny4

danny4 Active Member

what is NDSi running v1.4E i just updated my dsi to 1.4u this morning and the r4i card that i got is the same one in the picture above is working fine with 1.14b firmware on my dsi

15. MoggeTheGreat

MoggeTheGreat New Member

Danny4 - my card is a R4i without the yellow 1.4 mark on it. As I read it I can't use the 1.14b firmware on it - or am I not getting the right picture?

16. danny4

danny4 Active Member

if your card without 1.4 mark then you can't use the 1.14b firmware but you can use 1.09b firmware another thing your won't without 1.4 mark won't play on dsi 1.4 firmware if you update it recently

17. Dougie8865

Dougie8865 Member

Re: DSi v1.4e with R4i sdhc V1.4 won\'t work.

I have same problem and company I bought suggest the following, in the process of re formatting my SD card and will let you know if their solution works.

You may not know but the latest R4 cards are slightly more complicated to get running. Firstly once you have downloaded the r4 software and extracted them from the folder you need to drag these four files over one by one onto the micro card, it is very important you don't drag them all at once. Secondly the first time you put the new R4 in the DS it is very important that there is nothing apart from these four r4 software files on the micro card(no games). This enables the R4 to locate the r4 software files with more ease. After this you can put the micro card back in your pc and put all the games back on.

Post Merge: [time]1262560717[/time]
    This works on 2gb SD card but not on 4gb. :( just have to buy a few more 2 gb cards!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.