1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi v1.4.1E Help needed

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by theoutlaw, Apr 30, 2011.

1. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

My sister has an 6month old DSI with firmware 1.4.1E installed.

The problem is i cant get any flashcard to work on it, i have a AceKard2i and a R4i Gold both that work on my sons DSi but neither will load on hers.

The Acekard shows the icon but the R4i Gold doesnt even show that but neither load anyway.

Anyone got any ideas please?

2. pjmorie

pjmorie Member

What version of firmware is on your sons DSi ? If it's 1.4 then the flashcards may be not compatable with the 1.4.1 firmware. If the Acekard 2i is showing up in the DSi as 'Danny Phantom' then it is not compatable with the 1.4.1 firmware. You can upgrade the Acekard 2i to work with the 1.4.1 firmware (not sure about the R4i Gold) using the software download in this link : http://filetrip.net/f18393-AceKard-2i-firmware-1-4-1.html
    Download and extract the file.
    Copy the ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds file onto the root of the SD card for the Acekard 2i.
    Use either a DS or a DSi on version 1.4 to peform the update. When you switch on the DS/DSi you will see the update file with your list of games. Simply select the update file and follow the instructions. Make sure the DS/DSi is plugged in during the update as if the battery goes you may brick the card.
    If all goes well then the Acekard should now be showing up as 'Alex Rider - Stormbreaker'

3. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

Thanks for the reply. :)

Sorry i meant to say my son has just a DSLite not a dsi but he uses the dsi cards and they work fine.

The R4i Gold shows up as 'Danny Phantom' but the Acekard 2i shows up as 'Acekard' but both then say after button pressed An Error Occurred, Press and hold the POWER Button..... etc

If i put the Acekard into my sons DS and update the firmware, what exactly updates the card or the actual DS?
    Im presuming you update just the card in the 'old' DS then put that card back in the DSi with has 1.4.1E on is that correct?

Do i run the DSL update or the DSi one, the DS i want it to work in is a DSi but the actual console i'll be performing the update with is the DSLite.

Post Merge: [time]1304197229[/time]
    Ok i went ahead and updated the dsi file, it now says strombreaker but not all of the games work, some just stay on the white screen on both ds's where as before they were all tested and played fine.

Any ideas?

4. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

If you manage to make your r4igold to work on your Dsi, here's the RGF menu for r4i's, load the TTmenu.nds file and select the game you wanna play:
    http://filetrip.net/f24939-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-58.html
    Some games may need patching that can be done with:
    http://filetrip.net/f24193-RetroGameFan-MultiPatcher-1-19.html
    don't patch evrething, it may screw your games, I may help you more with your r4i if you link me some snapshots of what does it look like so i can know witch r4i it is ^^'

5. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

Thank you pjmorie for your help its all working now :)

Ok most of the games work ,not sure why they all don't now but its only a couple so im not too bothered about that.

@yassine1
    The thing i would like to sort out though and not sure if i need to make a new thread or not is getting the R4iGold to work.

Basically the Acekard which my son was using im going to give to my sister for her dsi now that works so instead of buying another i want to use the R4iGold which i had spare,(brand new in packet about 6months old) the problem is any firmware i put on it just says 'LOADING'

The card is R4i GOLD www.r4ids.com, so i got the firmware from there but it just says loading.
    Ive tried about 12 different sets but none get past that screen.

Is there anything else i can try?

6. yassine1

well I checked the website but it doesn't work, are you sure it's r4ids.com? i found it on google but it doesn't load the webpage. You know you can't just put any r4i firmware on your r4ids and it 'll work, go easy with your card cuz it may stuck forever if it's a fake one. I screwed up my old fake r4i and had to buy a new one :s
    Now if you are sure about your card firmware, ans it freezes at loading, then just try to clean the micro SD card and the R4i From dust. I also have the loading screen sometimes with my r4ds card on Dsfat.

7. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

Hi mate thanks for your help, it turned out it was the SD card that was faulty all along, i put in a new one and it worked first time.

btw i just checked and r4ids.com changed its name to r4ids.cn and this one had the latest firmware files as well.

8. yassine1

I just taught that it may be r4ids.cn :D!
    You may still have game freezing problem and face some AP problems with some games, just try RGF MultiCard and the RGF OpenPatch they're lifesavers!!
    R4i's aren't so performant so they need some following.

9. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

What is RGF MultiCard and the RGF OpenPatch what do they do and how do you use them?

10. yassine1

just copy paste the folder : "R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC TTMenu" in "http://filetrip.net/f24939-RetroGameFan-Multi-Cart-Update-6-58.html" to the root of your micro SD card and load the TTMenu.nds file, then boot your games , it may bypass the -4 error code which is caused by not having an available update on the official r4i's website, it also fixes some Piracy protections on some games, You may need the Retrogamefan multipatcher http://filetrip.net/f24193-RetroGameFan-MultiPatcher-1-20.html to patch some games to bypass AntiPiracy protection. There's a list of games that need to be patched to work, just drag and drop a clean untrimmed rom into the patch and click on OK. There will be two rom files, .nds is the patched one, and .bak is the original rom.

11. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

Many thanks i'll that out :)

Do you have to patch each time you play or just the once, also does it all take place on the DS not on a PC before hand?

12. yassine1

No you just have to patch it once and you can do the stuff on your pc before you move everything to your SD card.
    Enjoy! 8)

13. pjmorie

pjmorie Member

If you are still having problems with games loading on your Acekard make sure your using AKAIO 1.8.6a firmware and not the official Acekard firmware. AKAIO gets almost 99.9% of games working and also has built in software to bypass some of the 'anit-piracy' checks on games. As yassine1 has mentioned you may still need to 'patch' some games to get them working but most should work with AKAIO

Link to AKAIO 1.8.6 here:
    http://filetrip.net/f24259-AKAIO-1-8-6a.html

Link to setting it up here:
    http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard

14. theoutlaw

theoutlaw Member

Thanks for the links, there is another update for AKAIO 1.8.7

I have now managed to get all the games working, thank you :)

15. pjmorie

pjmorie Member

The last official update was 1.8.6a, there are a few links to version 1.8.7 about but this is not an officail release from AKAIO and may cause damage to your card. Any new updates will be announced on AKAIO.net or most likely on this site aswell.