1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi v1.4.1 update blocks r4i card

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by mhickie1991, Nov 5, 2010.

1. mhickie1991

mhickie1991 Member

I was on the internet on my DSi for a few minutes and my dsi updated to v1.4.1 by itself and then i finished, i went to play on my R4i. Then my R4i was loading an error message came up on my DSi screen saying "An error occurred". Will R4i do an firmware update for the v1.4 card or do i need to buy an card with v1.4.1.

2. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

What are r4i are you using?

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Can't happen. When your DSi is updating by itself you will not be able to do anything, because it is changing files inside the system memory.

Probably they will not release an 1.4.1 patch, which lazy R4(i) team actually does? (no I don't mean new cards, just patches)

4. mhickie1991

mhickie1991 Member

Hey Tanuken

I am using r4i gold (www.r4igold.cn). I have had a look to see if they do a patch for the new dsi update but theres nothing yet

5. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

help i have a r4i ultra www.r4ultra.com i have cheacked the homepage and downloads area they dont have an update
    please help

6. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

What do you think if they don't release an update?

7. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

hey someone else may have made an update that works

8. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

I kind of doubt that. The r4 clone teams takes a long time to update whereas other teams like supercard and acekard updated their firmware to bypass the dsi's firmware pretty quickly. Within a few days for supercard and just bout a week for acekard. Not all cards support DSI/XL, i know that theres acekard, r4i/sdhc, supercard ds two, i smart and some others.

It's either wait for a new firmware update or get a new flashcard that supports dsi/xl that can bypass it.