1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dsi updated ... help !

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jbogart1973, Aug 22, 2011.

1. jbogart1973

jbogart1973 New Member

my daughter acepted a update on her dsi and now the flash card will not work . how can i fix this ???

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Well, since you didn't mention the name of the flash cartridge in the above post. We can't be sure whether there is an update for it or not. Basically to explain; your daughter had accidentally updated the DSi console firmware to v.1.4.3. Which of cause block off the use of flash cartridges. The issue here is to fix it depand on whether the cart's maker had made/release an update to overcome this issue or not. If they had, then you'll need a DSi console that is not yet upgraded to v.1.4.3 or use a NDS/NDSL console to assist in upgrading the cart's firmware. If there is no update for that cart, then you'll have to buy a new cart that had been upgraded to overcome the DSi's v.1.4.3 firmware.

I've sent you a private message to a site where they have links to various cart fixes to overcome the v.1.4.3 issue. You'll need to sign up into the site to access their features, its free. Please check on the top screen, its in MY MESSAGES. If you don't see the name of your daughter's cart among the list, that means you'll have to buy a new cartridge that support the v.1.4.3 update. Its not possible to down grade the console's firmware.

Download the updating file, add into your SD Micro (follow instructions provided in the downloaded file). Perform the upgrade via a secondary console (DSi/NDS/NDSL) that is not running the v.1.4.3. You can't perform the upgrade on your daughter's console. If you only have one console, then you'll need to borrow someone else's.

That's about all the info I can share. Good luck.

3. yassine1

yassine1 Well-Known Member

like what prectorian said, just tell us your daughter's flashcart it'll help us help you lot more :)