1. This forum is in read-only mode.

dsi update on shop make my r4i card say errror turn power off

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ARCNAS, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ARCNAS

ARCNAS Member

just updated my dsi to get into the shop channel and now my r4ii menu wont even boot up. can i do anything to get it going again, i doubt it as even with just the card and not sd card i get a black screen

2. Nathan_26

Nathan_26 Well-Known Member

yea that happened to me just last week, i had to format :( , but try and update the Firmware on the R4 cart and see what happens

3. ARCNAS

ARCNAS Member

thanks do you meean format the dsi , so i lose all my a save data, didi it work after that dont want to foramat if r4i dosent still work.

4. Nathan_26

Nathan_26 Well-Known Member

sorry, i meant i had to format my r4i ,yea it worked after i did

5. ARCNAS

ARCNAS Member

thanks im not good on this but if i put the cart in without sd card it still says turn the power off so will formatting the card still help do you think. thanks

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

It's possible that entering the Shop Channel has forced your DSi to update its firmware, which may have blocked or bricked your R4i.

Try using it in another DS to see if it still works; if not, you may have to buy another flashcart.

7. ARCNAS

ARCNAS Member

I tried it on 2 other dsi,s one with the shop update and it was no good, and one wuth the old firmware and it was fine, so the new nintendo update seems to have blocked it still worth a go formatting do you think thanks

8. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

No, I don't think formatting the microSD card will help. The R4i doesn't come with a way to upgrade its internal loader, so I doubt you're going to be able to use it on updated DSis for a while.

9. ARCNAS

ARCNAS Member

thanks so the update has killed my chance to play games from my r4i the and that it i suppose, will other people just not update then i assume.

10. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

Anyone know if its safe to update if you have an M3iZERO?

11. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Presumably, you can update the M3i Zero if it is blocked by a future DSi update.

12. Zoidberg56

Zoidberg56 Active Member

Do not update yet if you have an M3iZERO because they haven't released an update I dont think anyway. Wait until someone posts on here saying that an update is available for the M3iZERO which successfully unblocks it ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.