1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi shows my R4 as star wars lethal alliance, is there ANY way to change it?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by sontza, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sontza

sontza Member

I'm sorry that someone has posted the same question before (https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=25400.0), but I followed the instructions and it didn't work for me, so please help me with my problem! Thanks!

I have basic knowledge with R4s, like I know how to download games and kernels and paste them into the micro SD card, and recently I bought a DSi which came with a R4. I'm not sure what version it is, but it says
    Christmas Version
    Limited Gold
    R4i
    Upgrade V1.4
    Revolution for
    (NDSi LL/NDSi/NDSL/NDS)
    WWW.R4ISDHC.COM
    on it. When I put the R4 into my DSi, it worked perfectly. I can enter the menu and play games, but the only thing was the title and the icon of my R4 says Star Wars Lethal Alliance, which I find kind of annoying.

Is there ANY way to change the title and icon of my R4 displayed on the DSi menu? Please answer in clear steps or detail for an idiot like me. :)
    And please don't say that it doesn't matter as long as the games work, because I think the title is really annoying and I really want to change it.

Great thanks to all!!!

2. matty999555

matty999555 Well-Known Member

Unless the R4 can update itself and you know how the team would do it so you could write an updater to change it to another exsiting game, no.

The reason it is star wars lethal alliance is to bypass 1.4.

If you are that annoyed can you set it to automatic like a lite?

3. sontza

sontza Member

and how do you do that?

4. matty999555

Unless the team wants to make the cards updatable and realease an updater code, which in my experience they won't as they want you to buy a new card.

Anyway, if it wasn't star wars lethal alliance the card wouldn't work with 1.4 update.

Also I was being sarcastic.

5. sontza

sontza Member

oh, well, oooops!
    I see, but what is the 1.4 update?
    Sorry, I don't really know much about this, thanks.

6. matty999555

Basically it blocked existing flash carts, some could upgrade by changing their icon and name to an existing game so they continued to work, others like the r4 couldn't.

Star wars lethal alliance is keeping the cards working on your dsi.

7. sontza

sontza Member

oh now I know, thanks!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.