1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Dsi R4's

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by cheryldylan67, Apr 3, 2009.

1. cheryldylan67

cheryldylan67 Active Member

I have just read there are R4's for the new Dsi? Is this genuine? They are £25. Thanks Chery oh I have seen it on memory bits x

2. dazza_rocks

dazza_rocks Member

r4i............. is the r4 for DSi.

3. cheryldylan67

cheryldylan67 Active Member

yeah thats the one this is the link. Does it work exactly like the old Ds ?
    http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/gaming-cards/r4i-adapter-for-nintendo-dsi-/12406

4. icefire34

icefire34 Well-Known Member

im not sure, but i'd pass for now. nintendo will probably come up with a firmware update that can void the R4, making it useless.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

R4i is not made by the original R4 team as far as I know, and as for icefire434's comment, I think it's unlikely they can do that.

6. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

Why is that? Everyones counting days for the DSi flashkits so far to get blocked.

And to chery, I would consider getting a better card with better support. Consider AceKard 2i or EZVi because the R4 clones (such as this R4i) are not always reliable.

7. Loonylion

I cannot see how they can identify that the cartridge in the console is a flashcart and not a legit game cart.

8. Nintendude92

Nintendude92 Well-Known Member

Thats what I think too. I feel confident in that theory with all the firmware updates so far for DSi.

In the "internet agreement" they imply that they can block the devices if they are detected is probably why it has everyone worried.

9. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

I heard acekard for the dsi is better and more safe... I might get acekard if i ever get a DSi

10. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Dragon I agree, I think I won't buy a R4 again :S..

11. maddyfin11

maddyfin11 New Member

y not an r4 again?

12. Loonylion

they are retired and no longer supported. The only R4s available now are clones, which have questionable compatibility compared to the original. There are much better carts available now. R4 has had its day.

13. nejcgx

nejcgx Well-Known Member

Yeah that is the main reason why I won't buy it, it's because of the fact that there is a lot better anti-piracy in almost all new games, and there are no new updates for R4 firmware.

Can someone suggest any other flash carts that are still being updated and don't have that much trouble, but also support cheating? :D

14. Loonylion

for DSi, the acekart 2i. For DS, cyclods evo or edge.