1. This forum is in read-only mode.

DSi problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by beemermtec, Apr 25, 2010.

1. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Hi all, i ley my cousin borrow my DSi for a week while he was ill , since i got it back it wont play any games ie; it wont load them , ive tried different ones in case it was one game that was at fault but no joy ! :(.
    Im running version 1.4e . everything else on the Ds works so im thinking my cousin has messed about with something although he claims he hasn't !!! ??? So can anyone give me a clue as to what i can do ? thanks .

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Does the menu of the flash cart load at all?

And do you know if the firmware of the dsi was on 1.4 before or after he had it?

3. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

hi, i haven't tried a flash cart yet as im waiting for my acekard to be delivered. I seem to think it was 1.3 version but cant be 100% , he claims he hasn't done anything but i dont believe him !!

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Ask him if he's went to the dsi shop...and how long have you had the dsi?

Have you used the shop yourself?

And strange question...what country are you in?

And what happens when you load in one of your cart games exactly?

5. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

He says he hasn't done anything or used the shop. I haven't.
    Ive had the DS since xmas but i havn't got the reciept as it was a present.
    I live in the UK (England). Thanks

6. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

I suggest backing up all your files and formatting.

7. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Forgive me im a bit of a numpty with this stuff , how do i do the formatting. :-\ thanks

8. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

Once you've backed up your files go onto my computer and right click on the drive your sd card is, then click on format. :)

9. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

If you haven't tried a flash cart, then it's obviously a problem with your DSi. You might want to ask people in the Nintendo Tech Support Forum, and omit the part where you have a flash cart. They might be able to help.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, this sounds like a brick.

10. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Ok , now im getting peeded off with this ! :-\ all im getting on the screen is "There is no card inserted in the DS Game slot"
    Can anyone offer some advice . Im getting ready to throw this at the wall !!!!!!

11. rudegal

rudegal Well-Known Member

is it still warranty then ring nintendo uk they will fix it for you all you do is ring them up they will ask you to send the dsi to them by parcel and all you do is wait

12. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

thanks rudegal, seems thats my only option. :'(

13. rudegal

rudegal Well-Known Member

no problem oh and if nintendo charge for the cost send the bill to your cousin

14. totallydood

totallydood Guest

If your DSi was on version 1.3 or lower before and its at 1.4 now then it will NOT play any flashcart that doesnt have a patch for it. You will have to purchase a flashcart that is compatatible with the 1.4 firmware

15. blazza08

blazza08 Active Member

like a cyclods or acekard2i

16. blaafugl

blaafugl Member

It sounds to me like your cousin have messed up the cartridge slot.
    Since it doesn't recognize any game card, it would be best to contact Nintendo and see what they can do about it. You might not need a receipt for them to fix it for you!

Or you could try and clean out the slot yourself. Take a bright flashlight and a some q-tips and see if you can scoop out some dirt. It might help.. Who knows, your cousin might have ruined it without even noticing it - by being a dirty slob! lol
    :D

17. beemermtec

beemermtec Active Member

Update, Got my Dsi back from Nintendo and they have replaced the card slot and also given it the latest firmware . All is working like new. Thanks for all the help people. 8)